Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Sharing videos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharing videos

Can anyone recommend a site for sharing video files. We have bowed to pressure from the families and got a camcorder to record some of Jacks antics! I use Picasa for photos but it does not do video.
    I want something that can only be viewed by people I invite to view BUT people do not have to be a member themselves to view (this drives me nuts!!).
    Thanks!

Re: Sharing videos

Kirsty, there is an option on You Tube to make the videos you upload public or viewable by you and up to 25 people. I don't think they have to join you just have to put in their e-mails.
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Thanks Cheri I'll check that out!

Comment

Picasa can do video too. Both Nellie & I have done it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jane
          Picasa can do video too. Both Nellie & I have done it.
          I feel so special that I was able to bring the Picasa love to so many people. Truly a great program.
          Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

I've been using the private YouTube function with some success. Some of the, er, technologically-challenged members of our family have had some troubles, though. Apparently there's lots of complicated login stuff to wade through. :huh: Maybe I'll check out Picasa...
            ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
            -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

I never even thought Picasa would do video because it just says "photos" but it works!
              I love that program too.

Comment

Thank you, Heidi. *mwah* I love Picasa and take more photos because it is soooo easy to use.

Yes, I can upload video taken on my digital camera to Picasa. I have emailed it to people using the Picasa email or web album options. I've also used YouTube as Cheri suggest to upload video and limit viewing to a list of people you specify. Same experience as migirl with tech challenged family members and those who are suspicious of becoming a member of anything. :huh:

Comment

I love it too. And don't feel bad Bugs - at first I also assumed that picasa couldn't do video (I think it's b/c I tried to email a snippet, and that did not work). Nellie figured it out before I did.

Thanks Heidi.

Comment

I'm not sure but i thought the video function was new(er). I tried a few times where it timed out.

Comment

Flickr has a video function now available to Pro members. You can use the same permissions controls on video as you do on photos.

(Not necessarily useful to bugs but maybe useful to Flickr users!)
                      Alison

Comment

My son uses 4shared for his mario kart videos
                        ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                        ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Originally posted by cupcake
                          Yes, I can upload video taken on my digital camera to Picasa. I have emailed it to people using the Picasa email or web album options.
                          I've been trying to email video clips, but they keep getting sent as JPG files so it just comes through as a picture. Can someone explain how to email videos?

And when I try to upload videos to a web album, it says that "Videos cannot be shared at the present time." :huh: Is this maybe just a system problem that I can't upload a video right at this moment?
                          ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
                          -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

I have to go check but I am pretty sure I have video on my picasa album. I do remember having to do the video separate from photos. That is, put the photos in my hold tray, move them to the web album and then put the video in the hold tray and move that alone.

Comment

I know I have it in my online album -- but I also know I've never been able to email it.

Comment

Working...
                              X