Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

50 inch plasma for $1230

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50 inch plasma for $1230

In the Sears Memorial Day circular, they made a mistake in the model number of a 50 inch Panasonic plasma TV. They are offering the TV for 1699 minus 400 in rebates or something like that. Anyway, Sears knows it's a mistake, but Best Buy doesn't and they price matched it for us with their 110% guarantee....so we got an extra 70 bucks off. We bought it on Friday....Russ said the Sears online ad still has the wrong model number and you can just print out the ad and bring it to a Best Buy (or maybe even Circuit City). $1230 is less than Best Buy can purchase the TV for....or so their computers said.

The model number is TH-50PZ80U

It's a 50 inch Panasonic Viero and it's 1080p whatever that means. Best Buy's regular price was 1999 and Sears' regular price is 2299. So it's a deal!

The TV is ridiculously huge (to me). But I thought I should pass along the deal. Hopefully it will still work. Sorry I couldn't post it earlier!
    Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Re: 50 inch plasma for $1230

Our 27 inch CRT (with the rabbit ears) seems so old-skool! Way to stimulate the economy, eh?
    Alison

Comment

Originally posted by spotty_dog
      Our 27 inch CRT (with the rabbit ears) seems so old-skool! Way to stimulate the economy, eh?
      Do we have the same TV? Except our rabbit ears were tossed 10 years ago when we bought our house that was already cool with a big antenna in the attic! Yeah, we know we're cool. No, we don't have cable. And we're too cheap to replace our DVD/VCR combo since the VCR part still works so we spent $30 on a DVD player at Wal-Mart. We're just a step above my teen years in the mobile home park.
      Veronica
      Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

The TV we replaced was a regular 25 inch TV......we bought it just after our trailer park days. We also had a cheapieDVD player that Daegan broke so it was upgraded to another cheapie player....we still have the VCR I bought the summer after HS. We do have a Wii but other than that we weren't "livin' large" electronically by any means. I know this is probably opening the flood gates for him.......

I guess that's also why it seems so excessive to me!

Anyway, he said he thinks the deal might be dead....said some Best Buy's were refusing to price match because it was so low.
        Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

I wanna see the cheapie DVD player and VCR hooked up to the ginormous TV! Ha ha!
          Veronica
          Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

I would jump on this in a year or two from now, but right now we don't have the space or money to dish out. Cool deal though.
            Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Originally posted by Michele
              I guess that's also why it seems so excessive to me!
              I pulled out a measuring tape to see what 50" looks like, I bet it's monstrous compared to your old set! Video games must be larger than life.
              Alison

Comment

Michele........... Ohhhhhhhh maaaaaaaannn. If I was still there I SO would have done it! DH has been drooling for a new TV when we get back home. I don’t know how much longer I can hold him back!!
                Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
                "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

right now we don't have the space or money to dish out.
                  The space thing didn't bother my DH! He got our 50" in a trade-off for some shifts from a much richer resident who was upgrading to an even better TV. That monstrous black box has been sitting in our tiny living room for the past year, and I'm sure that's why I had to get glasses recently!

Thankfully, we're moving to a bigger place next month for fellowship, so we can enjoy the thing properly. (Ironically, we're renting from a doctor's family who wanted to move closer to their kids' school for a few years.)

In retrospect, I would think twice about getting the 50" until we had enough space to sit a good distance from it. But a great deal is hard to pass up.

Comment

I so wish I knew about this two weeks ago before we got our new TV. Now I feel that we seriously overpaid on ours. Congrats on the great deal.

Comment

Working...
                    X