Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Come on!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Come on!!!

Gahhh!

I have a translation job. The guy I'm working for dropped off a bundle around 6 this morning with my doorman, who was...... sleeping!
    married to an anesthesia attending

Re: Come on!!!

Yeah, he woke up and took the package.

Doorman, shmoorman. When packages arrive (FedEx, UPS), the doorman takes them and then puts a little tag on our mailbox. We are not allowed to ask for a package until that tag is posted. This can take up to two days. So, even if you know (via tracking) that your package has arrived, you can't go pick it up.

The crazy thing is that if we don't pick up the package within 3 days, the doorman sends the packages back as undeliverable.

And then you've got to tip him around the holidays for all his work. Grrr.

Still want a doorman?

Comment

Originally posted by alison
      Yeah, he woke up and took the package.

Doorman, shmoorman. When packages arrive (FedEx, UPS), the doorman takes them and then puts a little tag on our mailbox. We are not allowed to ask for a package until that tag is posted. This can take up to two days. So, even if you know (via tracking) that your package has arrived, you can't go pick it up.

The crazy thing is that if we don't pick up the package within 3 days, the doorman sends the packages back as undeliverable.

And then you've got to tip him around the holidays for all his work. Grrr.

Still want a doorman?
      What happens if you ask for it when you know it's there and the tag isn't yet on your box??
      Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
      "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

Originally posted by moonlight
        What happens if you ask for it when you know it's there and the tag isn't yet on your box??
        He won't give it to us. He hides packages in a back room. He goes through them back there and writes our apartment numbers directly on the boxes, and then from there fills out the little tags. Seems more involved than it needs to be.

Comment

Originally posted by moonlight
          He won't give it to us. He hides packages in a back room. He goes through them back there and writes our apartment numbers directly on the boxes, and then from there fills out the little tags. Seems more involved than it needs to be.
          This guy must have a boss! I'd document and then complain every single time. I can not stand people that don't do their job.

Comment

The boss is on board too. We all got a letter from management telling us that holding our packages is a "favor" and that we are "abusing" this favor by asking for our packages before the tags go up, ordering things when we know we won't be home to receive packages, etc. etc. It's comical. Sort of funny. Part of living in a quirky big city.

Comment

The boss is on board too. We all got a letter from management telling us that holding our packages is a "favor" and that we are "abusing" this favor by asking for our packages before the tags go up, ordering things when we know we won't be home to receive packages, etc. etc. It's comical. Sort of funny. Part of living in a quirky big city.
              Thanks for my daily reminder of why I love the burbs.

Comment

Wow, I've never heard of doorman signing for packages as a privilege, I thought that was part of his job. When we lived in Manhattan, I loved ordering stuff to be delivered in the middle of the day and not worry about it. Your system sucks, is it possible to change it?

Comment

Working...
                X