Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Wedding Dishes lost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wedding Dishes lost

So less than a week after our 3rd year anniversary we lost all of the plates and bowls and platters we got for our wedding....Our shelves gave way all of a sudden after 3 years of use and they came collapsing down while DH and I were in the kitchen. We called our home owners insurance company and they said "since it was a construction accident...or a crane coming through the wall, they can't cover it" C'est la vie! I am just happy that Bed Bath and Beyond still carries our plates...that we will now have to reoder. :banghead:
    Danielle
    Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Re: Wedding Dishes lost

If it had something to do with the crane shouldn't someone else be covering it???
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

That's a bummer!

I agree -- shouldn't the apartment people be responsible or something??

Comment

I think that she meant that because it wasn't a construction accident (i.e., a crane collapse) their insurance won't cover it. I think. :huh:

Anyway, that actually happened a few weeks ago to us, too!! Fortunately I happened to be standing right there and caught the shelf before it went crashing down. I can't even imagine the wreckage if I hadn't caught it, and Lenox has discontinued my dishes...

Anyway, sorry about your dishes. That bites.
        ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
        -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Originally posted by Jane
          That's a bummer!

I agree -- shouldn't the apartment people be responsible or something??
          I agree, too! You should DEFINITELY look into this, if you rent (sounds like you own--homeowner's insurance policy). They created the hazard with their fixtures in the apartment, I'd think. You are lucky no one was hurt!!

Comment

Wow - that stinks! I have never had a shelf collapse, but now I'm afraid of using them for dishes. I've toted my grandmother's china (irreplaceable, and full of memories) from house to house for the last 8 years, waiting for a china cabinet to put it in. I've unpacked and used it once.

Comment

Are you guys still in student housing? It might be tough getting anything out of the school. Time to stock up on those 20% coupons. It's a bummer to loose them so soon though.

I didn't even bother registering for china, knowing how much we'll be moving around.

Comment

I'm an idiot...I meant to write "since it WAS NOT a construction accident...or a crane coming through the wall, they can't cover it"

We are still in student housing and I know they won't pay for it....it was their half ass work on the apartments that caused the cabinet to collapse...Lucky for us though is that our plates are currently on sale at Bed Bath and Beyond
                Danielle

Comment

I am on their mailing list, and I get them in the mail every week. Our local BB&B will let you use like 20 at once, even ones that have been expired for a year or two. So, I stock up and use one on every item I purchase. I recently got a $10 off coupon there. That was really cool. I occassionally get a $5 off one as well. I never go to BB&B without my stack of coupons.
                  Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

I've never tried to use more than one, but I have used them on items listed as "excluded" (my Dyson, for example). I think it's pretty much up to the store mgr's discretion.

Comment

I've used them on my Dyson as well. The BBB in NYC won't let you use expired or more than a few at a time. But in NJ, you can do whatever, so I highly suggest a trip across the river. Depending on the price of the dishes, the coupons might pay for tolls and gas.

Comment

The one I go to lets me use up to 5 of the 20% off coupons and will also take the Linens and Things coupons.

Comment

Thanks Cassy! I clearly need to get on the BB&B mailing list!
                          Danielle

Comment

Working...
                          X