Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

There is absolutely no way I can look sexy and fabulous...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There is absolutely no way I can look sexy and fabulous...

I am almost six months' pregnant. It has been WEEKS since I had anything resembling a waist.

I DON'T WANT TO GO TO THIS NEUROSURGERY DEPARTMENT RETIREMENT PARTY TONIGHT!! I don't want to go! NONONONONONONONO!!! It's at a super-nice historic hotel here in town, and includes cocktails, formal dinner, and dancing. And I am going to look like a boat. If I dance, it will be like watching a Weeble-Wobble...but with less grace.

I bought a clingy black maternity cocktail dress, which is about has chic as maternity clothes get, but I am still going to feel like DH is wandering around with a bloated whale. And I am already a half-an-inch taller than him. PLUS I have to wear appropriate heels, which will put me almost two inches over him, at a minimum. And now, I'm only maybe fifteen or twenty pounds lighter than him! I won't complement him...I'll dwarf him!

Please feel sorry for me! (Just kidding...I just needed to vent. I am just not looking forward to this.) And now I've got to spend the next two hours dying my roots, tweezing my...gosh, these days, everything!, and getting "gussied up." And I will still look like...a boat.

Re: There is absolutely no way I can look sexy and fabulous...

Big hugs Abigail - hang in there and try to have a good time!
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

I feel that way and I'm not even pregnant!!!

Comment

LOL last year at this time I was 7 months pregnant and I was all ready to go to the anesthesia dept graduation party and had a meltdown. I ended up refusing to go because I thought I looked so fat and awful!

Comment

If I dance, it will be like watching a Weeble-Wobble...but with less grace.
          :happyrolling:
          I'm wearing a maternity formal to DH's residency graduation, and I'll be sitting up at a high table in front where everyone can see just exactly how unglamorous I am!

Anyway, I hope it went well.

Comment

Thanks for bearing my bitching...we made it through. Get this: there must have been five other women there who were pregnant...and WAY bigger than me! Turns out, I had nothing to complaint about and nothing to feel self-conscious about!

Comment

Glad your evening turned out well! I hope I have as little reason to worry about my event in a couple weeks.

Comment

Working...
              X