Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

which spa treatment to get before grad dinner (gift certific

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which spa treatment to get before grad dinner (gift certific

I'm not really a spa person. Someone gave me a gift certificate when I was pregnant with the twins. I'm just now using it.

My appointment will probably be 2-3 days before our formal graduation dinner. Any ideas which treatment would be best? I was thinking pores (I inherited large ones) or eyebrows (also large, but somewhat shaped). Or a makeup lesson? But that probably would mean buying new makeup.

I'll be about 20 weeks pregnant. Anything I should stay away from?

My gift certificate is for $75. I'll probably go a little over.

Here's a link to their site, if anyone wants to look:
    http://www.healingwatersmedspa.com/dayspa/

After looking more, I'm thinking the citrus facial or the color experience (makeup lesson) AND brows. Anyone done microdermabrasion? Would one session make a difference in pore size or imperfections?

Re: which spa treatment to get before grad dinner (gift certific

If you have sensitive skin, you may want to avoid a facial in advance of the shin-dig.

If they do pre-natal massages, go for that. If not, go for a pedicure/manicure.

Jenn

Comment

Jenn's right. Facials can really mess with your skin, and there are things you want to avoid if you're pregnant. Plus you need to lie on your back for the duration of the facial, which isn't always a good idea or comfy.

Do a pre-natal massage, pedi/mani, eyebrow wax ... something along those lines.

Comment

I'd do the brow wax and pedicure and the pre-natal massage if you want to spend a little more.

I agree about avoiding the facial before the dinner, especially microdermabrasion.

Comment

Actually don't do anything to your face or brows a few days before an event you want to look good for. Facials can cause skin issues because of all the stimulation and sometimes from the products. A brow wax isn't a good idea either. You need to remember your skin is totally different and can have a different temperament , therefore there's the possibility you could react and your face/ eye wouldn't be as flattering.
          DCJenn is right on w/ the pre natal massage...it will help you feel better all over!

ETA Trust me I have seen this first hand...I used to be a makeup artisit.

Comment

My only word of advice is beware of waxing...I made that mistake a few weeks ago and boy did it hurt! Skin is a lot more sensitive. I would go for the prenatal massage...massages are always nice
            Danielle
            Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Comment

I'm glad I asked. I called right after I posted this, just to get on their schedule since I have a short time frame before we move. I had scheduled the facial, but now we've switched it to a manicure and a makeup consult. I decided I need new makeup more than I need a massage. I wear very little, and I tend to look about 20 (which might be great when I'm 40 and looking 30). Even if I don't buy from them, the tips will be worth it to me.
              ETA - Talk to me about this... another mistake?
              Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by *Lily*
                Okay, go for the mani but I would never pay for a makeup consult. That's what Nordstrom's for!

You don't have to use the GC all at once usually - you could always just get the mani and then go back post-partum to get some pampering with the rest of it. Just ask and I bet they will let you use a partial amount.
                I'm so w/ lily on this one. Do not waste your GC on a makeup consult, it's a selling tool anyway for their products... like she said ,a makeup consult is what you can get for free @ nordstroms. Which, BTW, you could ask various counters, when there next event is, and if they will be bringing in regional or national artists?...that way if you book for it, you will get someone w/even more experience.

Comment

Aarg! Ok, the prenatal massage it is. I'm not much of a massage person, so we'll see how this goes. Since we're moving, I need to use the gift card next week... too bad, since a facial probably would have been my first choice, but I waited until too close to our grad dinner. Maybe this will get me hooked on spas, though, and I'll go have a facial in Albuquerque. (I have to say, I am hooked on having DH watch the kids while I go get pampered. I had my hair highlighted yesterday for the first time in forever. It was marvelous. And DH, who always says, "You look fine," no matter what I ask about my appearance, actually said, "It looks great - really works with your facial features." )

Comment

I had a pre-natal massage when I was about 6 months pregnant with my 3rd. I wasn't *at all* sure what to expect, but it was a gift to me from my friend, so I went along with it. Oh. my. gosh. It was so awesome. I almost fell asleep and I did drool a little, I was so relaxed. Enjoy it!

Sally
                    Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Everyone that I know who has had pre-natal massages have said that at the end, had they not been so relaxed, they would have kidnapped the masseuse to bring home.

Enjoy.

But watch out, it IS habit forming.

Jenn

Comment

Working...
                      X