Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Political Junkies in Mourning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Political Junkies in Mourning

If you haven't heard, Tim Russert passed away today. Completely unexpectedly from a heart attack while at work, after just having returned from a vacation with his family.

Wow. What a loss.

Re: Political Junkies in Mourning

NFW!

Holy Crap!

That's so sad.

Jenn

Comment

I just read this. I liked this guy!
      So sad.
      married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

OMG! That's AWFUL! He seemed like such a stand-up guy.

Comment

It's just awful. First, he was an incredibly talented Bureau Chief. Second, he was only fifty-eight!! Third, he left behind at least one child (maybe more, but I know he had a 12-year-old son).

So sad. The November returns are really going to be missing something.

Comment

I just read the article on msnbc He had one son who just graduated from college, and his wife, who writes for Vanity Fair. I know his dad is still alive, too.

NBC is becoming a scary place to work. First David Bloom w/the blood clot, and now Russert.

So incredibly sad.

Comment

I just heard this on NPR. So shocking!!

He was just mentioned in a Salon article about choosing a VP. He was given as an example of an "out of the box" choice for VP. Odd idea -- but it shows you how well-respected he was in political circles.
              Angie
              Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
              Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

How terribly sad, he was a great journalist and it sounds like a truly great person. How sad for his family and on Father's Day weekend when he was so close to his and his kids.

Terrible!
                Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

It is very sad. And he was so young!
                  Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

That is so sad. I really liked him and enjoyed hearing what he had to say about politics.

Sally
                    Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

I'm stunned. I just saw the reports about it and couldn't believe it. I really liked Tim Russert.

Kris
                      ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                      ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

What a shock. I still remember him saying in the 2000 election that it will come down to "Florida, Florida, Florida." It was the understatement of the year.

He is a little younger than my Dad. It drives home the point to me that life is so fragile.
                        Wife of Ophthalmologist and Mom to my daughter and two boys.

Comment

This is too sad. I think it's that much more painful considering it's an election year. He'll definitely be missed.
                          Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

Very sad, we both loved him!
                            Luanne
                            wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

DH & I really enjoyed our Sun AMs w/a cup of coffee and Meet The Press. I'm such a junkie, that when I awakened bright and early last Sun(west coast time) and found the French Open men's finals on, I immediately looked to see what time the re-air would be on MSNBC. I stayed up and watched it a @ 11:30 or something like that! Tim Russert (who always seemed to have a smile )was a decent man.

Comment

Working...
                              X