Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

weekend plans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weekend plans?

DH just asked if I wanted to go to a drive-in movie! I haven't been to one since I was a kid. We have the back seat of our van folded down, so we'll put pillows & blankets in it, and bring some munchies. (DH reminded me there will be other people there, so not to get any ideas. ) I feel like I should be wearing a red gingham dress or something. I have no idea what drive-ins are like now, but DH got the idea from another doctor who is taking his kids there tonight, so it can't be too bad, can it? We have the option of watching one or all three movies (Indiana Jones, Incredible Hulk, Don't Mess with the Zohan). Hmmm...

Anyone else have plans?

Re: weekend plans?

I'll be in Barcelona by tomorrow afternoon. It should be a good time!

Have a blast at the drive in!! Do most cities have these? I've never been to one!
    Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
    "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

I'll be in Barcelona by tomorrow afternoon. It should be a good time!

Have a blast at the drive in!! Do most cities have these? I've never been to one!
      Wow! Enjoy, and safe travels!

I have no idea if most cities have drive-ins. They were a thing of the 50s. I think this is a refurbished one in our city, meant to be a little retro - obviously only open in late spring/summer. We'll see!

Comment

I'm at the drive-in right now! We're seing Hulk and Baby Mama.

Tomorrow, dh and I are going to a bar for a farewell for one of the residents.
        Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

I'm at Logan airport (in Boston) waiting for my extremely delayed flight to Chicago for Max's sister's graduation. It'll be the first time we're seeing his family since getting engaged so I'm really excited!

Have a great weekend everyone.
          Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
          Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanquisher
            I'm at the drive-in right now! We're seing Hulk and Baby Mama.
            And you're online? Heidi, you crack me up!

I miss drive ins - we had one near where I grew up, we went once in high school it was fun. I can also remember going to one with my parents when I was kid, they showed a kids movie and then they showed Splash assuming all the kids would be asleep, it was fun!

DH is off all weekend including today so we ran some errands and just relaxing!
            Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

A drive in sounds like so much fun! I'm totally jealous! There used to be one in our city but it closed when I was 12, we only went once and I think we saw What's love got to do with it.

Barcelona sounds like a blast too. My BFF is going there next month since all her IL's live in Spain.

DH is working tomorrow, but hopefully he'll take a break from studying on Sunday for Father's Day.
              Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

Heidi, there is that drive in in Monetta- the Big Mo. Have you been?

http://thebigmo.com/

I went once for the double feature. It was really fun.
                Mom to three wild women.

Comment

We're going to a birthday party for one of my husband's colleagues daughter (10am!) and then it's Folk Life Festival across the street at the Hemisfair Plaza- basically an excuse to each meat on a stick and try different ethnic foods.

The Greek section and the French section usually have the best pastries. The Belgians have the beer and the escargot. The Hawaiians have great roasted pig. It's a lot of fun. Hopefully it won't be too beastly hot.

My beloved will celebrate his father's day then, and then on Sunday will hole up and study all day. He figured since we were already heading to the birthday party, he might as well just play on Saturday. Doesn't matter to me, it's been seven months of studying on weekends- just more of the same. (last one though!)

Jenn

Comment

I'm going to finish painting the boys new room, and then hopefully we can move the boys in there so I can get started on the baby's room. DH is going to install a backup, battery operated sump pump, and we're going to buy him a new grill for Father's Day. IF our truckload of dirt arrives (weather dependant) there may be some outdoor grading taking place. IF the basement is dry enough, we may try reassembling the boys playroom.

LOADS of fun here. Probably a visit to the pool tomorrow, too.

Comment

It was going to be family night tonight. We all went out to eat and bought tickets for KungFu Panda. 10 minutes in I started having severe stomach cramps telling me that the shrimp I just ate were not so fresh. About 30 min into the movie, the fire alarms went off and we were all evacuated outside. So much for the movie. We drive home with me in pain dying for a bathroom, only to find a large tree that had been hit by lightning down the road had made our power go out. That was 4 hours ago and we just got the power going.

Here's hoping the rest of the weekend goes better.

Comment

Tomorrow the husband is working, so I'll try to find something productive to do.

Father's Day we're going out to my parents'. The girls are going to hang around the house (which is more fun than it sounds like), while the guys (my husband, my dad, my two brothers, my 10 y.o. nephew, and my brother's FIL) are going fishing on a charter boat on Lake Michigan. That's not typical for my family--they've only done it one other time, but apparently it was a huge blast and everyone agreed they wanted to do it again. My husband couldn't go the first time, but he is going this time. Wish him luck. He likes everyone who is going, but it's a five hour tour, which is a long time to spend alone with your in-laws, even if you like them. If they crash a la Gilligan's Island, my husband will clearly be the Professor (although actually my older brother might make the best coconut phone).

When they get back to the house there'll be a cookout.
                        Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
                        Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
                        Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

Originally posted by Cumberland
                          Heidi, there is that drive in in Monetta- the Big Mo. Have you been?

http://thebigmo.com/

I went once for the double feature. It was really fun.
                          Yup, that's where I just left. We try to go a couple times every summer. And, yes, I am online on the freeway. My birthday present was a cellular modem.
                          Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Tonight is DH's graduation dinner. ILs and my parents are both coming, it should be a nice event. My parents are spending the night after dinner, we'll have a little Father's Day breakfast with them before they leave; then in the afternoon, we're going to ILs for more Father's Day festivities. Hopefully the mug with the kids' pictures that I ordered for DH will come in time for tomorrow!
                            ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
                            -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Today is the day that I will make a most serious attempt in unpacking all the remaining boxes. If all goes according to plan, I will be getting our kitchen table from my parents' tomorrow - and it needs to go someplace! I also need to clean our leather couch...should be interesting! DH is in New Orleans with his dad and brother and will be back tomorrow night. It will be nice to have my husband back since Step 1 is over!
                              Jen
                              Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Working...
                              X