Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Please read this proclaimation of love for my wife!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please read this proclaimation of love for my wife!

Hello all,
    I am the DH of MD/PhD Wife and I wanted to share the dedication page I wrote for my dissertation. I am giving it to my wife today as an anniversary gift and I think everyone she cares about on this message board should know how much she is loved!

Dedication

I dedicate this dissertation to my beautiful wife Charlene and my two precious daughters, Isabella and Gabriella. It is through their unconditional support, undying patience, and infinite understanding that I was able to reach this important milestone. I can never begin to repay them for the numerous sacrifices they gracefully made over the years.

Individually, I would like to thank my oldest daughter, Isabella, for her inquisitive nature, serving as a continual reminder that knowledge belongs to those who seek it and that, at any age, we should never stop questioning the world around us. For Gracie, I owe my gratitude for the moments of levity she so often provides, which extinguish panic, neutralize anxiety, and put into perspective the true priorities in life. Lastly, I pay tribute to my wife, who single-handedly has galvanized my success and development as a father, a husband, a physician, a scientist, and a man.

To have such special people in my life is truly a blessing and I cannot begin to enumerate the many contributions they have made. However, I can say that it is with seemingly uncanny perception and impeccable timing that they supply the hugs, cheers, and kisses that not only help me maintain my successes, but also propel me to a higher level in search of new goals. Perhaps more importantly, however, my family gives the encouragement that, during times of seemingly crushing failure, replenishes my spirit and reinforces my resolve. They are everything I will ever need in this life, and their unconditional love and unreserved laughter will continue to eliminate my preconceived notions of impossible and perpetually serve to redefine my potential.

Happy anniversary!
    I love you baby!
    -Your Hubby

Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Re: Please read this proclaimation of love for my wife!

Now, that's a gift. Wow.

Very nice.
    Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

That's so awesome and thoughtful.

My husband passingly, generically thanked me, orally, at his dissertation defense, but only after his mentor (the guy whose lab in been in for five years, and got a Cell paper out of ...) insulted me in front of all our family, friends, and colleagues when he introduced DH before the presentation began.

Comment

That is very, very sweet.

Comment

Very nice!
          Wife of Ophthalmologist and Mom to my daughter and two boys.

Comment

OMG! I just realized DH posted this! He didn't tell me!

Today is our wedding anniversary and I had gotten an envelope on by the bed when I woke up with the written dedication he posted. He had defended his dissertation in February and had told me on Valentine's Day that he was going to write the dedication to me and the kids, but I didn't know when he was planning on writing it.

Awe, he's so sweet, and to think I have been peeved at him the last couple of days.

:mydoc:
            Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

That is really nice :mydoc:

Comment

That is awesome! You deserve it. Happy Anniversary!
                Needs

Comment

I'm thinking it's a happy anniversary! Very sweet and thoughtful - and well-deserved, I'm sure.

Congratulations to all 4 of you!

Comment

So thoughtful Charlene! How validating too.

edit to remove tangent

Comment

How lovely!

Comment

How touching! Have a great day (what's left of it!) :mydoc:
                        Jen
                        Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Very sweet. You are lucky to have one another!!!!
                          Luanne
                          wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Working...
                          X