Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Roll Call

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roll Call

Hi everyone,

I was thinking that since we have many new members, it might be kinda fun to "re-introduce" ourselves to one another. For example, what is your profession, what is your significant other's medical specialty/year, family, and anything else you want to include.

Here are my answers...

:arrow: I live in Los Angeles, while Jay is currently living all over the Eastern Seaboard as he goes thru his 4th year rotations

:arrow: I presently work in portfolio management, more specifically doing investment analytics. I am also going to school at night for my MBA, with a specialization in Finance & Marketing.

:arrow: Jay is a very stressed out 4th year med student currently interviewing for neurology residencies. He has four down, about 6 more to go

Here's a link to some photos of us. The resolution isn't that great, tho.
    http://photos.yahoo.com/dures_0713

Comment

OK-

1) I am the Director of a facility that runs Group Homes for Adults with Developmental Disabilites and Mental Retardation.

2) We live in San Antonio, Texas where my husband is a 3rd year peds resident with the "San Antonio Military Pediatric Consortium", SAMPC for short. He's in the Army.

3) He has applied for a peds neuro fellowship- and we wil find out in December if he's been accepted. If not, we will move wherever Uncle Sam decides to send us!

Jenn

Comment

Hi all--

I just "joined" last week but thought I'd reintroduce myself. My name is Jessica. My husband is a 1st yr med student. We have 2 kids (4 yr old boy and 2 yr old girl) I am a SAHM right now but may get back to school myself one day. Maybe I can get some pics up here too. It's always nice to have a face with a name.....

Comment

Newbie here!

Hi everyone!
          My boyfriend of 4 years is a 3rd year med student from UNECOM. He is currently doing rotations in Lehigh Valley, PA, and I work at an advertising agency outside of Philadelphia. We just moved in together a few months ago after 2 years of doing the long distance thing (he was in Maine, I was in Philly). It's great to finally be together!

He is looking to go into ortho, so he's currently looking into residency programs and setting up auditions/interviews for next fall. I know it's going to tough once he starts his internship, etc. Any tips as to what I can expect during that time? Thanks!

Cathy

Comment

I'm Trisha former Pediatric/Neonatal Respiratory Therapist. I have 2 DD ages 5 and 2 and two DS 14 and 12 who live with their Dad in Texas. We are outside of Columbus, Ohio.

DH is an attending in Emergency Medicine at the Level One Trauma Center in Columbus.

Cathy, Does you BF plan to do an Osteopathic residency or MD program? There is a good Ortho program in Columbus, but I'm not sure how many they take each year, I want to say 3 but don't quote me on that.

Comment

Hi, I'm Jill.

My husband and I live in Washington, DC, where I work as an editor at a news wire service and he is a third year resident in medicine. He's starting his ID fellowship here in DC in July.

I'm originally from Manhattan, went to college in upstate, NY (where I met my DH), did the long-distance thing for my then boyfriend/now husband's first two years of med school (in Chicago) while I was in NYC. Then I moved to Chicago with him and went to grad school to get my master's in journalism. My husband's originally from outside Boston. We've been married for about 18 months.

We don't have kids yet...we are trying to plan around my husband's training schedule and so are waiting a bit longer.

Welcome, new members. This site is the best!

Comment

Ortho program

Trisha - He is looking at DO programs only, because he heard from numerous sources that it is nearly impossible for a DO to get into an MD ortho program. Apparently there are so few MD ortho spots that DOs aren't given much of a chance. He's looking at one DO program in Harrisburg, PA, and a couple in Ohio. Is the Columbus program MD?

Comment

The Program is a DO based out of Doctors Hospital in Columbus. It is one of the top ranked programs in the country.
                  Here's a link if your BF wants to do some early research or in most cases, if YOU want to do some.

http://www.ohiocore.org/html/residencie ... idency.htm

I think this guy is the one who runs the Department:

http://www.ohiohealth.com/findadoctor/d ... d=34004688

Either him or his brother Jeffrey.

Trisha

Comment

Thanks!

Thanks for the info Trish! I'll talk to my BF about it tonight.

Comment

Michele - 2nd year vet student...hence why I'm often too busy to post.
                      Russ - 1st year med student.

Getting married in March! I'm so excited!

I'm thinking about specializing in anatomical pathology and he's thinking about reproductive endocrinology.

That's us,
                      Michele
                      Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

roll call

Well....I'm currently the mom of three little angels , and am teaching a cell bio lab at the local U. My dh did an IM residency and ID fellowship and we've been out in the 'real world' for a little over a year!

Kris
                        ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                        ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Hi, I'm Sharon. I'm 27 and I work as an Internet Content Producer for a mortgage insurance firm. My bf is a first-year med student at Temple here in Philly We both went to the University of Pennsylvania, but we met afterwards through friends of friends. I'm originally from the suburbs of Cleveland, Ohio, but have lived in Philadelphia since graduating from college where I was an English major, double minor in Folklore and Women's Studies.

Here are some pics:
                          http://photos.yahoo.com/slee_me

Comment

Hi,
                            I'm Luanne, a registered nurse and my husband is a Pulmonoligist, we are in Princeton, NJ. We have two children each , I have two daughters 17 & 19, and he has a daughter 20 and a son 17. Welcome to all of you.
                            Luanne
                            Luanne
                            wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Sharon,
                              I'm going to have to ask the question - how did you go from a Humanities major to being an Internet content producer? How intriguing....

I kinda, sorta have a similar background. In undergrad, I majored in Classical Civilization (more specifically, the study of ancient Greek & Roman civilization); and minored in Business Economics/Accounting. For the longest time, everytime I went to an interview, I got questions about my major and how did I get from Liberal Arts to Business. I always told the interviewer that this setup provided me the best of both worlds.

Comment

Working...
                              X