Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

summer olympics anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• summer olympics anyone?

has this been brought up yet?

will you be watching? what do you like to watch?

me:
    equestrian of course. it's not broadcasted as much, but i try to catch it when it's on.

i also like gymnastics, diving, and swimming.
    ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Re: summer olympics anyone?

I like to watch swimming, diving, gymnastics, and track and field (not the long distance runs).
    Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

When is the opening ceremony? Now that we got a new TV, it'd be a shame to miss it. I'm not big on the track and field but like all kind of swimming/diving and gymnastics.

I really hope the traffic and air quality improves by then. I feel horrible for the athletes if it gets only marginally better than it was last fall.

Comment

I love everything about the Olympics. I used to bring in my Sony Watchman over the years to watch the events at work. (now I have speedy internet access at work)

Jenn

PS- the game plan is to take dude to the Winter Olympics 2014 because they're in Russia.

Comment

I'm also in for the gymnastics and diving. But I really like the equestrian events as well. I am hoping that DS will be interested in watching some of it now that he is staring to be interested in sports overall.
          Kris

Comment

We have no TV - so I will be looking for a bar to sit at This will be the first time I will not have had them on ALL DAY...I love the equestrian events and gymnastics...we'll see what I can figure out!
            Jen
            Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

I love the olympics. I second the opinion on the human interest stories-- they were really bad the last winter olympics I thought...

kate has lots of friends who have family in China and almost all of them are going to the Olympics! Totally jealous!

I like all the sports, and I'll watch anything. Even equestrian which I know less than nothing about!
              Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

It's nice if you get cable in Seattle, because you can watch CBC for Olympic coverage: the Canadian channel. It's SO much better than NBC or CBS.

They don't just show the American athletes (or in CBC's case, just the Canadians).
                married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Originally posted by Pollyanna
                  Originally posted by jagraves
                  We have no TV

I have a slight addiction, no TV would send me into panic attacks.
                  See, we do have things in common, Tara.

Comment

Originally posted by Pollyanna
                    Clearly we need to hold an intervention for jagraves. No TV is just not healthy.
                    Agreed. My addiction runs deep. If it wasn't for TV with my beloved Tivo. Well, it's one of the best hubby substitutes out there.

Comment

jagraves: We have no TV either.

But there's tv where we're moving next and we're keeping the cable!!

We'll be watching gymnastics, swimming (at the qualifying races the boys actually cheered and got completely into the swimming races), and maybe even Kung Fu.

Comment

I'm COMPLETELY obsessed. I've already cried twice this week at the very MEMORY of the montages they do about the athletes and their families. Literally, I was in a work meeting and I was trying to explain how obsessed I am and I started crying recounting some of the stories (war-affected athletes, athletes who have lost family members, etc.).
                        Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
                        Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

I'm really excited too! Can't wait for the gymnastics.

Comment

Can't wait! :wee:

Comment

I'm a total Olympics whore. I love it. I tear up when the athletes win or achieve a "personal best". I made the boys watch part of the swimming trials with me to try to get them excited about their swim team.

I'll totally be watching.

Comment

Working...
                              X