Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Help the tech challenged pick an organizer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help the tech challenged pick an organizer

Ok, after scanning what is out there I am still clueless. I need some kind of organizer since my brain just won't hold everything. I figure the best bet is to get dh a new one to do what he needs and take his old pda. Really, now that I've missed a few important things I think it will pay for itself. Dh was given a pda for residency but it makes sense to update to an handheld pc/phone sorta thing.
    PDA? Handheld PC? Blackberry?
    What do you have? What do you like /not like about it?
    Maybe I can narrow it down to a few to look into while the kids are hovering.

Re: Help the tech challenged pick an organizer

I have a Treo phone and love it! Works great to keep me organized and I only have one thing to keep track of. For years I had a cell phone and Palm. I was always forgetting one or the other.
    Veronica
    Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

I swear sometimes my husband is the most organized man on the planet, and he lives and dies by his Palm E-something or other. It's got wireless internet and stuff for when he *really* wants to check his email or whatever (but it's kinda slow and spotty). I think the separate phone works for his lifestyle because he can have a trim phone that fits in his cycling jersey and leave the Palm at home when he doesn't need it.
      Alison

Comment

My husband has the iphone and it's AWESOME. It does everything.

Jenn

Comment

I use the google calendar under DH's email. We can both check it anywhere we have computer access and it's free. Otherwise, I'm waiting for Verizon to be able to have iphones (will that ever happen?).

Comment

We actually use yahoo calendar. I need something so that I don't rely on scraps of paper with notes. I'll also be out of the house a lot next year. I have not looked into just having internet access from our phones. Hmmm.

Comment

I've got a Palm Centro. It's great for organizing ... except that you need to remember to check the calendar (or set reminders) . I was sitting one day extolling the virtues of the Centro to SueC, and when I pressed the button I saw that I'd missed my volunteer time in Jacob's class. I felt like a total schmuck.

I use the Memo function to create grocery lists, costco lists, etc. as well as listing dates when I've changed furnace filters or the like.

Comment

My Treo defaults to always set a reminder. I have to have something beep at me or I totally forget.
                Veronica
                Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

I'm getting an iphone this week! I'm so excited. Dh and I are both upgrading and saying buh-bye to Verizon. We've been okay with Verizon. I do think they have good coverage, but we really want iphones, and we want rollover minutes. I am tired of going over our allotted time.

I'm wondering if I need to camp out.
                  Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Julia -

If you go with Sprint, I can get you a coupon for 50% off any accessory. My friend's husband is a higher-up at Sprint, and they're scrambling to retain / acquire all of the customers they can.

Can't answer the synching w/Mac question though.

Comment

Our Verizon contract is up soon too. Julie, can you keep me posted on what you decide and how it works. The cost for data is not going to be more than our cell/home together so since we're ditching the home it would be ok for us. I'd like to make a good decision though.

Comment

I can easily sync my palm with my Mac as long as its with the Mac software (i.e. not office). But it syncs great with imail and ical
                        Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

I have an ITouch, just like the IPhone without the phone function. I really like it.

Good luck!
                          Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

Working...
                          X