Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

OK All you wierd people like me...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK All you wierd people like me...

Who is so dang organized and slightly OCD, that they already have all of their Christmas shopping done??? I have had mine done for 3 weeks and I don't know what I am going to do after Thanksgiving. Sit around and twiddle my thumbs I guess. I am always intent on making the holidays go off without a catch and inevitably things always go slightly off kilter. Anyone else out there like me??? LOL

I don't christmas shop until the week of christmas - EVER - !!
    Luanne
    Luanne
    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Re: OK All you wierd people like me...

Originally posted by trisha2486
      Who is so dang organized and slightly OCD, that they already have all of their Christmas shopping done???
      I am somewhat organized, and slightly OCD, but my Christmas shopping isn't quite done yet, BUT my Christmas cards are addressed, and we are waiting for our family portraits to come back from Sears. Does that count?

Crystal
      http://www.geocities.com/mattfowler_md
      Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

Done!!

Been done for months. I am left-handed and a perpetual planner. Already have our anniversary trip (May) planned. Now I get to concentrate on "GRANNY" coming for Christmas!!! Xz

Comment

christmas...

There is WAY too much organization on this thread!!!! I haven't even thought of what I might buy for Christmas presents...I'm with Luanne....the week before Christmas is great...I love the rush!!

Kris
          ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
          ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Yep-

I'm done, wrapped and ready to send. I think that's the only reason why I'm organized about the holidays, everything has to be mailed to either California or Maryland/DC.

What will I do? Hmmm, stress about finding something comfortable, yet spectacular for Rick's Christmas party. Figure out what to do about even having a party for my staff and clients. Stress about whether my husband really will be able to fly to NJ for my mom's birthday. Figure out what to do with all of these cats I've accumulated.

But, one decision was made on Friday night. Since we all find out about fellowship on December 18, we've decided with our really good friends that we're going out to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse, and cost be damned- we're either celebrating or commiserating or both. The female part of the couple applied for a Neo-natology fellowship, the male applied for an er residency. So- we wait and see. Good friends, good food, good wine- that should help, no matter what!

Comment

I would love to be further along than I am, but the shopping here is *limited* at best, so I will be trying to get some done when we are in San Antonio over Thanksgiving. I will hate the crowds but feel exhilirated to be in a "real" mall! When we lived there, my goal was always to start after Halloween and be done by Thanksgiving, and usually I made it.

Jenn, excellent call on the Ruth's Chris thing. It will be great. DO NOT move away from San Antonio without going to Biga on the Banks or Silo. Promise me.

Sally
              Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Sally-

Already accomplished! Next on the list is Le Reve. It's sad but this other couple and us go out to eat once a week- and we're always trying out new places! As a matter of fact, the peds residents have to facilitate rounds once for a month, and they try to make it fun for the interns- so for her month, our friend presented a different restaurant each day. and She started it with "and thanks to Jenn and Rick...". Pathetic.

Jenn

Comment

We never made it to La Reve, much to my disappointment. Maybe someday.....

Sally
                  Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Working...
                  X