Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Not sleeping SUCKS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sleeping SUCKS

Re: Not sleeping SUCKS

Oh, no. I'm sorry...

What's the cause? Pregnancy insomnia? Too uncomfortable?
    ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
    -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Ugh...I'm sorry.

Comment

It really does suck. I hope tonight's a better night. Maybe you can even take a nap today?
        married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

SO sucks. I'm so sorry. But some of us here are around at weird hours (I've been swamped at work--which means I check this site more often, because I am glued in front of the computer!). Feel free to bitch and moan at 3:00 AM! (There is a chance that I might be here...)

Comment

Thanks guys.

I actually fell asleep for a bit on the sofa (then dh came down @ 7AM to head out to his 8:40 tee time and woke me up). Then I went upstairs and fell asleep again until about 8:30 when the boys got up. They went downstairs to watch t.v. and I went back to sleep until 11:30. Fortunately Jacob can get them both cereal, and they enjoy not having me tell them "that's enough TV!"

I'm not a great sleeper even when I'm not pregnant, but when I CAN sleep, it's on my belly, which is not exactly an option these days.

Comment

Oh Jenn! I am so sorry to hear that...but I feel your pain. I am a stomache sleeper too and this whole baby in the belly thing really gets in the way Let's hope tonight is much better.
              Danielle
              Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Comment

:therethere: I can relate to your frustration. I've been suffering from a bout of insomnia too lately. Last night I layed in bed staring at the f**ing clock for almost 2 hours.
                Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

Sorry Jenn :therethere:
                  I hear ya on the lack of sleep, J has been practicing his rolling at night the past couple of weeks but the pregnancy insomnia is worse because it is so uncomfortable!

Comment

Not being able to sleep is the worst! Lots of hugs!
                    Jen
                    Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

SUCH a bummer Jenn! I haven't been able to sleep through the whole night since getting pregnant with this one (the Diclectin helps a tiny bit) so I will check to see if you are up tonight (hopefully not!) and say ciao

Comment

so sorry, jenn.

any better last night?
                        ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Eh - hit or miss. I thought I was really zonked out, woke up to pee and realized it was only 12:30. Then around 3:30 Quinn came in my room looking for Jacob. Then around 4:00 dh came upstairs after having fallen asleep on the couch. And so on, and so on ...

It is what it is. I just needed to whine yesterday. If this is the biggest issue I have with this pregnancy, then I'm grateful (if tired).

Thanks all!

Comment

Jenn, did you feel me thinking about you this morning??
                            I watched the clock turn to 4:20AM :thud:

Comment

I was also thinking about Jenn not sleeping when I was awake at 2 AM on Sunday morning. Jenn, I hope you have been sleeping better recently!

Does anyone else have a problem sleeping when their SO/spouse is on call? I feel like I can't calm down enough to sleep and then I worry about every little noise, ever over a sound machine. It's frustrating because I slept by myself for 20+ years and I should still know how to make myself fall asleep!

I know that I need to adjust to him being on call. Before I know it, call won't be this once a week thing, it will be constant. Yipee!
                              Event coordinator, wife and therapist to a peds attending

Comment

Working...
                              X