Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Moving Suuuuuuuuucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving Suuuuuuuuucks

Ok, there is admittedly little point to this post other than I took 10 mintues off from packing up my life to say that moving sucks. I HATE moving. And this particulary move has the small hitch that half of my stuff is staying in Boston and half going to Cleveland. And I'm moving within Boston at the end of August. So I must exaimne each and every item for "Boston vs. Cleveland" instead of just throwing it in boxes!

Oh, and what is Max doing today? He's at the beach with his friends in Cleveland instead of in Boston to help me!!!!

Does anyone know how to fast forward to the part where I'm completely moved in and actually have my life subdivided neatly into 2 cities? :badday:
    Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
    Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Re: Moving Suuuuuuuuucks

Oh, and what is Max doing today? He's at the beach with his friends in Cleveland instead of in Boston to help me!!!!
    DH was golfing with the other residents, while I was entertaining his out-of-state family at our house, two days before we had to drive off.

:therethere:

The other side of it will come, and you'll finally be sitting in your other house with boxes all around you! (I'm not sure that was comforting...)

Comment

It sounds like a tedious task -- it's not like you can even enlist anyone to help, because you're the one who knows if/when you'll need things. Maybe Max would be more of a hinderance than actual help.

How's this for a display of my ignorance: I didn't even know Cleveland had a beach. My Midwest geography is so so bad. Ohio is considered Midwest, isn't it? Oh never mind, I'm digging myself into an even deeper hole.
      married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Originally posted by alison
        How's this for a display of my ignorance: I didn't even know Cleveland had a beach.
        There's a pretty Great big Lake in the vicinity.
        Alison

Comment

Yeah it's on a lake (I think Lake Erie). I own a home there and I don't even know the lake sheesh!

You're right though about maybe having no one to help is better after all since only I can decide what stays and goes. It's SO annoying. Example: do I send my alarm clock to Cleveland and live without one for a month because I won't need it come September (my family friends have all that stuff and don't want me to bring extra clutter) or do I keep it and pay for it to be shipped at the end of August? UGH!

I think I'm resigning myself to shipping some stuff. There's no way I can live without pillows or ANY dishware for a month.
          Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
          Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

We recently had to move to IL for a month and we used those space bags that are shown on TV where you vacuum out the air to condense the bag. That worked great for pillows.

As for dishware, didn't take any and just bought some super cheap stuff at the dollar section in Target. Dollar Tree also has those kinds of things that can tide you over and you can toss out after the short period.

I felt like I was in college again in my first apartment furnishing it with the cheapest stuff I could find.
            Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

Just sending along some good vibes. I went through the split move two years ago - and you are right - it totally sucks. And of course I got stuff wrong. Stuff that I kept that should have been sent and vice versa ... arrgghhh.

We are getting ready for another move in September and I am dreading it already.

Hope you get it all sorted out!!

Comment

Originally posted by alison
                How's this for a display of my ignorance: I didn't even know Cleveland had a beach. My Midwest geography is so so bad. Ohio is considered Midwest, isn't it? Oh never mind, I'm digging myself into an even deeper hole.
                Alison - I love you girl. I, of course, know that Cleveland has a beach (it's on the north coast of the COUNTRY). However, when I read the inital post, my first thought was "which beach?" The beaches on Lake Erie are not ... fabulous. I know one that I love, but it's out in Vermillion and I'd be amazed if a bunch of med students found it.

Does it make you feel any better that I didn't know Seattle is hilly? I do know about the existence of coastline though.

Comment

Working...
                X