Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

So Cal peeps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Cal peeps

My cousin just told me there was an earthquake. Hope you are all safe. Check in when you can.

Re: So Cal peps

I was just going to post the same thing. My cousin sent an email saying her 18th floor office was swaying quite a lot, and that the quake was around 5.4?? Eeek!

I hope you're all okay!

Comment

Re: So Cal peeps

It was scary! It is so long since I felt an earthquake (back in the PNW in '01 ish?), I forgot what you are supposed to do!
      The apartment was really shaking. And I was really surprised how LOUD it was.
      It sounds like there was no major damage or injuries thankfully.

Comment

Thank God ! I was worried about you and the little man !

Comment

My MIL reports that she felt it in Palmdale (aka armpit of California) but it wasn't too bad.

J.

Comment

You can blame it on my BIL, I think he probably wanted to feel one before he left in September.

Glad you're ok, I flipped out the first time I felt one.
            Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

This is what BIL said:

Yes, I did feel the quake. I was in my office on a conference call with
              some people at Port Hueneme, which is about 120 miles up the coast north
              of LA. We felt the quake first and a few seconds later the guys on the
              other end of the call felt it too. It rattled us here pretty good. The
              Navy base is actually in Norco city and as the crow flies I think the
              quake's epicenter is only about 15 or 20 miles away. We're probably
              just as close to the epicenter as Disneyland. We felt 2 or 3 of the
              aftershocks too. I like small quakes because it reduces the likelihood
              of the monster quake that may be coming someday. If we could get a few
              5.4s every year on all of the faults we would be safer.
              Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

I'm glad everyone is ok. My dad works in Chino just down the road from the epicenter. He said it was a good size quake, but not the worst he's been through. Reading reports of what people did (or didn't do) during the quake had DH and I reminiscing about all of the earthquake drills we endured as kids.

Comment

Working...
                X