Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Las Vegas Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Las Vegas Shows

What LV show should we see? We're already going to "O" and Cher. The 3 other ones I was interested in are off on Tuesday (and that's the only night we have free). I'd like DH to come along, so Bette Midler is out.

Alternatives, what else can we do at night (besides eating and gambling).

Re: Las Vegas Shows

I would love to see Spamalot ... but that's just me.

Comment

We liked going up the Eiffel Tower at sunset and watching the Bellagio fountains.

We liked getting gelato and little cakes at the Jean Philippe Patisserie in the Bellagio too. We're low key though.

Basically we ate lot of good food that we've been missing while living out here. The seafood is so fresh in Vegas! There's a hole in the wall Thai restaurant that is considered the best Thai food in the US (and it really was good!).

Sorry to go on a food tangent!
      married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Yes, we are going to Lotus of Siam for dinner. Dessert and fountain show from the Eiffel Tower sound good too. I guess we'll have a low key night.

We can see Broadway shows on Broadway, I was looking for something more Vegas.

But I'm open to other suggestions too.

Comment

I'd go see Terry Fador. I think he's brilliant. I'd also do a comedy show. Too bad Carlin passed.
          Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

We saw Carlin in Vegas- he was working on new material and apologized at the end- but man, most of it was hilarious.

J.

Comment

Originally posted by Vishenka69
              Yes, we are going to Lotus of Siam for dinner. Dessert and fountain show from the Eiffel Tower sound good too. I guess we'll have a low key night.
              if you have a car, Lotus of Siam has got a parking lot in the back. You will have to call a cab to get back to the Strip (a major inconvenience when all you have to do for a cab is stand outside for 30 seconds).

Check when sunset is, and start standing in line around 1 hour before then. The sunset is gorgeous over the mountains.

Comment

When are you going? We're going to be there next week Monday through Friday for my b-day! I'd love to meet up with you!!

As for the shows, I really like Mystere. Or how about going to a club? The Rio has the Voodoo Lounge which is one of my favorite places and it has a gorgeous view.
                Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

We'll be there for Labor Day weekend. Alison, we booked a tour to Grand Canyon that will end around sunset, so I've got that covered. I think a comedy show would be fun, but we've done that in NY a lot and have seen pretty much the entire crew from SNL (back when they used to be funny) and even Seinfeld. DH is not into clubbing and I've done that 2 years ago.

For someone from NY who's been to Vegas 4 times, it's hard to find something original and interesting to do. Sigh.

Comment

We too have been to Vegas a handful of times. We went to Red Rock Canyon (about 30 minutes NW of the Strip), and the Valley of Fire (about 1.5 hours outside, I think). It was March, so it wasn't crazy hot. But if you're looking for more nature, those are two great places to see.

Comment

Working...
                    X