Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

do you ever feel pressure at being a doctor's wife?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: do you ever feel pressure at being a doctor's wife?

I'm sorry, habashia!

It sounds like it's about time to distance yourself from some family and "friends" who are expecting you to constantly adorn yourself and who are so greedy as to 'require' expensive gifts from you.

And, your husband should treat you with respect - no matter WHAT his job. A man who cannot respect his wife isn't worthy of having a wife (any wife) to begin with. I felt so strongly about that that I just added it to my sig line! Ha!!
    Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
    With fingernails that shine like justice
    And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

Originally posted by Pollyanna
      Honestly I never feel any pressure being a doctors wife. I really don't care how people perceive me, I am who I am. :huh: Plus, I never consider myself a doctors wife, I am married to a wonderful man who just happens to work as a doctor. It doesn't define us.

Wow! This is an excellent point... and exactly how I feel! I couldn't have said it better myself!

Comment

I do feel pressure from time to time. Normally from the other female med students/ residents that are in our social circle or are dating friends of DH. I actually have a science undergrad background and a law degree, but I am currently in culinary school and I often feel like they think it is a sweet dr's wife thing to do. The "Aww he is sooo lucky that you can make him good meals after he comes home from work" sort of thing. It is doubly patronizing because cooking in a restaurant is flipping hard work and to think that I am just doing it to make nice dinners is annoying AND I also happen to have other "more lofty" academic credentials. But so it goes.

Comment

I am soooooooooooooo jealous. I would love to go to culinary school. CHeck out our food forum here, I forsee a moderator position in your future!
          Luanne
          wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Thanks Luanne. I recently started and I LOVE it. There are also weird parallels with medicine. DH and I own the same clogs and all my chef's whites hang next to his white coat - plus a lot of standing, knife work and weird hours. That is where it ends though hehe. Food board sounds right up my alley.

Comment

Working...
            X