Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Christmas Decorations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas Decorations

Just curious here....
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Alright! Fess up! Who has OCD and is wayy too organized and has their holiday decorations up?

Crystal
    Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

I confess

OK, I confess...I don't have my christmas shopping started though, so don't freak out....we also don't have our tree yet. We go to a tree farm closer to Christmas...but, I have all of the lights up on the inside of my house (why waste them on the outside ) and all of my snowmen, santa and navity stuff up. It is so cheerful in here that I am considering leaving it like this after Christmas. It is definately a mood booster!

Kris
      ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
      ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

8O

I bow to thee almighty Kris! That is awesome. It's tradition in our house to put them up a couple of days after Thanksgiving. This year should be very interesting, because we have Emma- I guess I am going to be creative and put things up high.

Crystal
        Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

I'm going with the Streamlined Holiday Decorations. Like a 1800Flowers 'tree' and maybe a wreath. Certainly nothing more, it's all in storage and I'm not dragging it out, just to have to put it all back in storage! My rrom-mate from college is sending me a menorah (long story) so that will be kinda cool.

Does that make me Scrooge?

Jenn

Comment

No, Jenn, you're not Scrooge.....

I'll tell you what, the past 3 years or so, I have started thinking that I am turning into Scrooge. It is SO much work getting all the stuff out and putting it up, keeping the kids and cats from knocking it down, and then taking it all down and putting it away. (Does it go without saying that I have done 95% of it myself since medical school?) The last year we were in San Antonio, we drove to KS to my inlaws for Christmas, so I decided not to put up the big tree and got a little one, which I decorated according to a "theme", (blue and gold) the first time I had ever done that. I only put our most special ornaments on it and I put it on a card table covered by a pretty tablecloth. I was really pleased with it -- and then my kids knocked it over. Several of the ornaments broke and I burst into tears (not common for me) and left it like that until my husband came home. I think it was that event that took all the fun out of decorating for me. Now I do it for the kids, and I am nervous this year because Nathan is at that age where I basically am following him around all the time so he doesn't kill himself. Even so, today as I was picking up a game that has been out FOREVER on the dining room table, Nathan climbed onto the fireplace, lost his balance, and as he fell he pulled the fireplace insert out of the wall and on top of himself as he (and it) landed on the wood floor. It sounded like the house was falling down. He came out of it with a bruise on his cheek -- VERY lucky kid. That incident took place during two minutes (tops) of inattention by me. I don't know if I have it in me to watch him well enough to put up the tree. Christmas gets to be a lot of work, even though I love it!

Sally
            Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Working...
            X