Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Maybe this belongs in Debates...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Maybe this belongs in Debates...

I have seen the cover of the National Enquirer while in line at Wal Mart tons of times and laughed. I love to glance over and read the covers but NEVER really believe a word of that trash. Now that it's come out as the real deal....... I'm really going to think twice. Did anyone else see him on the tabloids the past few months???? Who knew they were on to something!!?!
    Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
    "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

Maybe this explains why he was so quick to get out. I know there were a lot of Edwards supporters that wanted him to stay in the race longer. I really feel for Elizabeth Edwards though.....

I never did like John!

Kris
      ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
      ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

There was a story in my newspaper this morning from the associated press about how no legitmate reporter likes to get scooped by a tabloid, but they didn't report the story because "with a sexual affair, there must be witnesses, documents, photographs or some form of irrefutable evidence -- or news organizations will not endanger their own integrity." I call bs on that.....where was the "proof" when everyone was talking about John McCain and that lobbyist? Double standard, anyone?

I hope the press just lets this go. This family has had more than their share of tragedy, no matter how you feel about their politics (and as you might have guessed, I was never a fan of Edwards anyway).

Sally
        Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Wow and WOW.

I saw the headlines and said NOOOOO!!!!!!

I agree with the "how dumb are these men" idea.
          Really.

Public eye -- check. Other side wanting to discredit you -- check. Wife with cancer -- check. Children who will need MORE therapy -- check.

YES I'LL HAVE AN AFFAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Idiot.

The "I didn't love her" statement is pathetic.
          Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

more do as I say and not as I do scummary...
            Husband of an amazing female physician!

Comment

Idiot.

The "I didn't love her" statement is pathetic.
              Yep. I feel sorry for the little girl. If he is indeed her father that is a low blow and she will one day read this. I'll bet he told that woman he did love her, wrong or not, now she won't be able to tell her daughter she was conceived in love. Sucks for everyone involved.
              Luanne
              wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

I was just going to check in and not post (houseguests) but I can't help it. What a shitweasel-y scumbag. I hope his testicles get beaten off by Heidi's avatar.

Comment

I've been on vacation, so I completely missed this!!! What a scumbag! For the kids sake I hope he's not the father.
                  Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

Originally posted by cupcake
                    . . . shitweasel-y. . .
                    This is exactly why I love this site. I get the best new vocabulary! This one ranks right up there with my all-time favorite, "asshat."

Comment

This is classic narcissism.

I don't believe that he is in any way sorry for what he did.

I believe he is sorry for getting caught, though.

As far as him engaging in high-risk behavior while in the midst of such a public life.... That's what some narcissists LOVE to do - they want to thumb their nose at all of the lesser beings on the planet. They want to get away with murder and prove to themselves how much smarter/more talented/better they are than everyone else.

The best thing his wife can do is leave him (taking him for all he's worth) and try to reconstruct some sort of life with her children without the scumbag.
                      Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
                      With fingernails that shine like justice
                      And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

This week's Newsweek has an interesting first person account about Rielle (the "other" woman). She sounds both charismatic and intelligent....and twisted and diabolical. Fascinating to me (now) that she told the reporter that Elizabeth Edwards gave off "negative energy" and that she thought that Elizabeth had engineered her removal from the campaign. (Go, Elizabeth! ) Rielle thought that John Edwards had the potential to be "another Gandhi" . Gag. It sounds to me like she was planning to fill out the future first lady roll if Elizabeth passed on. Beyotch. Also, she (Rielle) was working with Jay McInerney on a TV pilot about women that have affairs with men to help them "shed failed marriages". Egad. She sounds like every married woman's nightmare. Of course, that doesn't mean that Edwards himself is not a total loser....just more gossip to share.
                        Angie
                        Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                        Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Reports (her family) are now saying that he didn't tell Elizabeth until after he's saying he did. I don't understand why he continues to lie, his elected political days are over.
                          Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Also, she (Rielle) was working with Jay McInerney on a TV pilot about women that have affairs with men to help them "shed failed marriages". Egad. She sounds like every married woman's nightmare.
                            Barf. That woman needs therapy.

I hope Elizabeth has an incredible support system. She has been through way too much.

Comment

Originally posted by oceanchild
                              What annoys me about Rielle is her refusal to do a DNA test on the baby. She cites privacy concerns. Ok, if you want privacy for your kid, don't leave the father line blank on the birth certificate and then say a famous person is the father. Oh, and don't sell your story to a tabloid.

Not that her behavior in any way excuses his.
                              If this gets ugly enough (for example, if a legal friend of the child--such as a grandparent, etc. gets involved), the court could appoint a guardian ad litem for the child, to act in the child's best interests. Frankly, given how much Edwards is worth, if there is a chance he's the father, I would argue that it is in the child's best interests to have the DNA test. The child has a right to child support--and that right isn't waivable by the mom just because she doesn't personally want the DNA test. If Mom won't pursue the test (if there is a valid reason to believe Edwards is the dad), then someone who can act in the child's best interests should be appointed by the court to do so.

It's the same old issue--having to tell purported adults IT'S NOT ABOUT YOU!!!

Comment

Yeah....the Andrew Green story is very suspicious. I didn't know she lived next door to him. That would be awkward....if he *was* the father. Doubt that.
                                Angie
                                Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                                Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Working...
                                X