Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

How's your weather?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How's your weather?

We're pretty much like you Annie with the temps, we haven't had nearly enough rain but we turned off our AC a few days ago.
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Re: How's your weather?

It's been great! Low 90's all week with slight chances of rain which pan out about 15% of the time. It will get down to the high 60's at night. Of course this is all dry heat since we're in the desert, but I think it's been more humid than usual.
    Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

It's actually been gorgeous the past several days. High 70's / low 80's. Total heaven for this pregnant girl!

Comment

we had some rainy days in june and july, and some REALLY hot humid discusting days...but the past couple weeks, especially this week have been awesome.
        monday it was in the high 70's, and 50's at night. we opened up the house and were popcicles by morning. it was great! it's perfect weather for me to hang my clothes out.

i talked to my mom the other day, annie. she said it's so bad there..that the ground is so saturated...the water has no place to go. roads are washed out, bridges are down...cows are being swept down the river. i feel sorry for all the crop farmers. their stuff is rotting before they can even harvest it.
        ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Surprisingly really nice out. Not the typical hot and humid NYC August weather I grew up with.
          Danielle
          Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Comment

I went from KS (usually miserably hot & humid) to 7250 ft, so this whole summer has felt so strange. We wear sweatshirts in the morning. I'd say where we are, it's mid-80s for the high, and then we get a light rain every afternoon. And yes, it's very, very nice for a pregnant woman!

Umm,hmmm, I guess the description would be HOT
            Hehe! Doesn't that usually go without saying in AZ? I like Arizona heat, though, much better than KS heat.

Comment

Just gorgeous

Comment

Originally posted by Deb7456
                I went from KS (usually miserably hot & humid) to 7250 ft, so this whole summer has felt so strange. We wear sweatshirts in the morning. I'd say where we are, it's mid-80s for the high, and then we get a light rain every afternoon. And yes, it's very, very nice for a pregnant woman!

Hehe! Doesn't that usually go without saying in AZ? I like Arizona heat, though, much better than KS heat.
                Deb is only across town from where I'm at (about a 40 minute drive) and it blows my mind how much colder it is in the mountains!!! I wouldn't dream of putting on a sweatshirt right now!!
                Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

It's too freaking hot here! It's almost 90 today, and supposed to be near 100 for the next few days.
                  Married to a peds surgeon attending

Comment

We haven't used the air conditioner in about a week - in August! I've got the windows up. Today, it did get a little muggy out.

Comment

Originally posted by Pollyanna
                      Uhh Tara, have you forgotten?? You left out the horrid humidity!!!...ahh the monsoon season,the one time of the year where the proverbial "it's a dry heat" can't be said!

Comment

DH and were just saying last night that we have had a beautiful spring and summer. Hardly any hot humid days and I think less than five days in the 90s. No complaints here!

Sally
                        Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

It hasn't been as hot or humid this summer. It only seems like there were a few days that were above 90 (and of course, those were the days the AC at work was broken). It was in the 70s at the beginning of the week. It will be October before we know it!

The one thing I have noticed more of this summer: nasty thunderstorms. We had some really bad ones on Sunday, including a tornado warning near my hometown and I swear I saw a funnel cloud on my way home from the beach (it is rare to hear about tornado warning in this state). There were some bad storms w/ hail tonight not too far from our humble abode.

I would like to think that this would mean a decent amount of snow this winter. But I think we will probably have 2-3 inches twice and that will be it. Boo.
                          Event coordinator, wife and therapist to a peds attending

Comment

HOT Humid and more HOT. :| I'm so freakin ready for fall. I miss my CT summer from last year.
                            Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
                            "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

It's been generally an oregonish summer (actually sunny and dry, high 70's) lately but today was hot and tomorrow is supposed to be hotter so we are going to the beach. I am a total heat wimp.

Comment

Working...
                              X