Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Campus Chapters of iMSN?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Campus Chapters of iMSN?

Not groups but lots of us have met IRL. Most of us had less than stellar on-campus or residency support groups.

Mine was ancient spouses of retired generals...

Jenn

Re: Campus Chapters of iMSN?

Originally posted by NYCHoosier
    Are there any IRL groups affiliated with iMSN on med school or residency campuses?

:anyolne:
    The new beta software version of the website is set up to create local iMSN groups.
    Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
    With fingernails that shine like justice
    And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

When we were in training, the spouse support group only catered to stay at home moms. Therefore, only stay at home moms joined. I became a member one year hoping to be the token working outside the home member and also tried to plan things for the male spouses (a couple were actually sahd) but was shot down. Get this...every year, this group delivers little "care packages" to the new spouses' homes.....the new female spouses that is. They were very clear that male spouses would not need a delivery.

Soooo, I can't say I had a great experience IRL.
      Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

A lot of us have met up in small local groups informally....but the new groups thing is also a way to form a more official (or unofficial depending on what you want!) group for your area. Start a NYC group (It's....sooooo easy!) and then invite your friends to join in. You guys can plan get-togethers, chat, and provide info for people looking at moving to the program! Each group has its own private forum.

<shameless plug for the new software over!>

Kris
        ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
        ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

DH did his residency at the same place and there wasn't anything official for the residents' spouses. None of the NYC places do as far as I know. Most spouses have careers/jobs and enough to occupy themselves. The Orthodox clan is hard to break into. Good luck.

Comment

There is a resident spouse support group area. You could start a group for a specific residency program within that area, making it hidden and by invitation only, so that anyone who comes to the site can see that there is a group for that residency program but can't see any of the actual data, members or forums. You could invite any spouses from the program to join and discuss things privately without ever worrying about anyone from this website who is not a member of the residency, residency program director or faculty, etc. ever being able to access the discussions.

Each group can be set up with private settings so that the information can only be viewed by members of the group and it can also be made invitation only...so that the only members who can join are invited by other members.
            ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
            ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Working...
            X