Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Gift for Shower Hostesss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gift for Shower Hostesss

My neighbor is throwing me a shower on Saturday and I'm totally stumped as to what to get her. She's the kind of person who generally buys herself what she wants, which is always hard to buy for.

Re: Gift for Shower Hostesss

You could have flowers delivered the day after; or give her a spa gift certificate.

Comment

I love Williams Sonoma.
      Luanne
      wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

I think the spa or flowers idea is great. Remember...it's all about you
        Danielle
        Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Comment

I've thought about flowers, but I'd need to have them delivered to her office, and I don't know where that is. As far as the spa, the one I know she goes to is REALLY pricey (even a spa pedi is around $60), and I know she's sitting on a spa gift certificate her husband got her for Mother's Day (it's always his 'go to' gift).

I know she's been dealing with some back pain (she's a type-A stress bunny really carries everything on her shoulders). I was thinking I might go up to Lush and create a gift basket for her to have some fun bath stuff to relax and unwind. She's not entirely a 'Lush' kinda gal though .... more Crabtree and Evelyn?? I don't KNOW!

Comment

Originally posted by NYCHoosier
            A nice umbrella

with the note: 'hope your next shower is as great as mine was'.
            I like this. If she's a stress bunny, I doubt she'd use the Lush stuff. Is she a Vera Bradley girl? You could do a Vera umbrella or bag.

Comment

I have done 3 showers this summer! 3!!!

The first one - I got a gift certificate to the hair salon/spa that I go to.
              The second one - I got an monagrammed makeup/toiletry bag
              The third one - I got an apron from Williams Sonoma

All three were nice and very much appreciated.
              Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

I like Heidi's ideas or I always do a very nice decorative candle that I know goes with their decor and a very nice note on my nicest stationery.
                Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

This is a lot like the makeup bag that I got. Mine was green with pink letters and all three initials. There was no ribbon, however.

I can't find the apron online bit it is also pink and green with paisley on it.

Anyway, I thought these were very cute and creative gifts!
                  Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Originally posted by Pollyanna
                    Honestly, I think a heart felt note from you that arrives the day after the shower would mean much more than any gift you could buy. I think we all have enough "stuff" and you are so kind to think of her. Simply put those thoughts of appreciation in a note and she will be touched.
                    I agree with Tara.

Comment

Was I supposed to give a gift to the hostess? I drank all of her wine and ate a lot of food as I recall. (ah, the joys of not having to be pregnant at your baby shower!)

Jenn

Comment

I agree with Tara, too, but knowing that it is you who is asking......I'd never say no to cupcakes.

Sally
                        Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

I never knew it was a 'supposed' to until Davita asked me what I was getting for E (my neighbor). In retrospect, I did have flowers delivered to Jane (my goddess in Cleveland) who hosted my first baby shower - not b/c I thought I was 'supposed' to, but b/c I was just so touched that she threw me such a gorgeous shower. (My bridal shower was a little ... disappointing and akward. The hostess was actually using her parent's house b/c she lived out of town, and then got into a car accident en route to pick up my cake, ending up at the hospital having knee surgery while the shower went on. None of my bridesmaids were even there (they all lived out of town), and more than 1/2 of the guests were from DH's side of the family, and the Indians just give money. Money is great but super akward while you're supposed to be opening gifts in front of everyone and passing it around. Plus they didn't talk to anyone else. And since the hostess lived out of town, she actually asked everyone to bring a dish & the recipe for me to keep. I thought that part was sweet, but several people commented that they thought it was odd to be asked to bring a dish to the shower, and again with the Indian mix, the foods didn't actually - go together.) But I digress .....

Anyway - I'm definitely returning the $100 worth of Body Shop goodies / basket I just picked up. I'm not spending $100. Maybe I need to see if I can find her office and have flowers delivered. :huh:

I wish I thought cupcakes would be sufficient. But I know she's ordering mini-cakes for my shower ... And yes, Heidi, she is a Vera Bradley fan. Her diaper bag is Vera Bradley - but I have no idea what else she has.

Comment

Hey! This store by me is not going to carry Vera Bradley anymore and is selling everything for 50% or something. You could call them or I could ship something to you.

Comment

alright - I settled on this

https://www.finestationery.com/concept_ ... y_suppress

it's odd, i know - but it's right up her alley. thanks for everyone's input.

Comment

Working...
                              X