Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

How do I figure out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I figure out

Who sent me a baby gift? I received a present off my registry today, but it looks like it was shipped direct from the manufacturer & there is no note. I've emailed my step-mother to see if it's from them ... but she's the only out of state person I can think of who knows I've registered and might send a gift.

Does anyone know any tricks? I don't want to log into my registry and see if it is from the registry b/c I don't want to know what gifts I'm getting at the shower on Saturday.

:huh:

Re: How do I figure out

Is your registry at Babies R Us? Is it something that looks like it was taken right off the shelf and a label slapped on it? i.e. no packaging?

If both of those answers are yes there should be phone number on the label, you should be able to call it and they should be able to tell you. Assuming the person wants to be known. We had one friend get a stroller like that and they were told, we had another friend get a car seat like that and they were told the giver didn't want their name released.
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

yes, exactly. just the box off the shelf (it's a self-standing jumperoo thing). i'll have to try that tomorrow.

Comment

I hope it works for you. Our friends have a very nice, very pricey car seat and they have NO idea who it came from b/c BRU won't tell them.

Comment

Ask the person giving you the shower to help you. Many people who came to Amy's shower had gifts sent ahead of time from Babies R Us. On most the personal note was typed on the packing slip. A couple of them we just had to ask at the shower. Good luck.
          Luanne
          wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

and have a fun shower!
            ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Someone may also give you a card at the shower that says "I sent you X" - I had a couple do this for me b/c it was easier for them.

Comment

I've heard back from my step-mother -- it wasn't them. (Good thing, too. It's a VERY generous gift if from a friend, but from my father's deep pockets I kind of .... would have been ticked). I've thought about the shower-attendee thing, too. We'll see what happens tomorrow. Several of my guests live up in midtown, and the only BRU here is WAAAAY out in the 'burbs.

Comment

What is it, I'll look to see if it came off your registry?

Comment

I figured it out! I looked over the UPS sticker really closely and under my name there was a phone number, which I recognized as my friend Monica (in NYC). Phew. Now I can properly thank her.

Comment

Smart of her to put her phone number as the call number for delivery issues! Yay!

Comment

Have a great shower!
                        Jen
                        Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Working...
                        X