Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Good-bye August

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good-bye August

jealous. completely and utterly jealous.

fall is my favorite time of year. nothing beats it. it's the thing that makes me want to go home the most.

it's supposed to be in the 90's here for the next week.

enjoy, annie! i loooove me some apple crisp! so yummy, quick and easy!
    ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Re: Good-bye August

Annie, there is a gorgeous tree just south of Fuera Bush on Elm and just north of Fairlawn. I would love some beautiful seasonal door wreaths. Look on etsy right? Sounds like a good present to me from me.
    Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

No leaf changed here yet (i'm sure it will be any day now) but there are sunflowers everywhere...I bought 2 HUGE bunches yesterday for 6.99!!! YAYYYY

LOVEEE the wreath.....and apple crisp

Comment

I LOVE fall! I can't believe how fast this year has raced by, but I'll take a cool, crisp fall over a hot, muggy summer any day!

It's supposed to be 90 today. Gaahhhh!

Enjoy wreath-hunting and apple crisps, everyone!
        married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

The trees here won't lose their leaves until December. They rarely change color, either. We'll be 90+ for 3/4 of September, I'm sure.

Enjoy your apple crisps! I'm making tortilla soup in the crock pot today.

Jenn

Comment

Its supposed to be 87 here today but then much cooler starting tomorrow. The leaves are JUST starting to change on a few random trees. I wonder what its doing up by Kris and Flynn. I LOVE fall, hopefully our first snow waits until Thanksgiving or Christmas this year.

I love that wreath by the way, I need to start getting wreaths for my door to go with the seasons. I always have a Christmas one but have never done one otherwise.
            Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

we were in the pool yesterday, and will probably go again today (provided I can shake this cranky-wench that's residing inside me). i hate that they still close the pools at Labor Day when it stays warm through Sept.

Comment

As much as I hate to see summer go, I'm excited for fall. It's my favorite season!!!
                ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
                -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

I'm not quite there yet. I love fall -- the leaves, the smell, the food, the sweaters -- but I was a little disappointed to turn the heat on this morning. I need a few more warm days.

I love that wreath! I'm off to etsy to look for one.

Comment

It was 95 today. Fall is still quite a ways away. We might need a sweater at the fair (late Sept-mid-Oct). But probably not.
                    Veronica
                    Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Ditto. We are still WAY hot and sunny down here in Houston. :| I missed Connecticut this summer. Did I just say that? Oh well, I won't be missing it when the snow is coming and it's a mild winter in the south. Why can't I have it all!?!?! LOL!

Love love love fall. So happy it's on the way.
                      Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
                      "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

Ah, fall.. For me the concept of changing seasons is very much associated to my previous country of residence. Here on the Emerald Isle it rains all year around, it's just a bit colder in the winter than in the summer. Never any snow for Christmas and the days that could conceivably be spent on the beach during "summer" can usually be counted on one hand. *sigh*

..Not that I don't LOVE living here.

Comment

We had a hot hot weekend!

It's fall here in the sense that the nights are cool (50 or cooler).

My one beef with fall here is that it is WAY TOO SHORT!

Halloween the first year we were here: -10 with windchill
                          the second year: 22 degrees (it felt balmy)

Winter STAY AWAY!!!!
                          Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

You all are making me depressed...Fall has always been my favorite season. We are slated to hit 105+ for Fri. Sat. Sun.
                            On the bright side it's finally dipping down into the 70s @ night!

Comment

Hey Jen and V... did you notice how today was "cooler"???? I only got up to 90 here in H town! I went out to run errands around lunch time and to my shock I didn't start sweating like the little piggy that I am during these summer days. Could be we so lucky as to get a early fall??
                              Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
                              "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

Working...
                              X