Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

snow!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• snow!

This is our second winter in New York, but today is the first real snow we have seen. We are both from Florida so this is kind of exciting. There is already about two inches on the ground. DH is on call tonight so I am going to have to make my snowman by myself.

SA
    Mom to three wild women.

How much do you love the snow!?! I'm really hoping that they will cancel my work today so I can go home and drink hot chocolate. I have a feeling that it will be a cold, snowy winter in NY!

Comment

Hi you lucky people!

I just spoke with my mom in Maryland and she's got about 6 inches so far. She said that the reason why it's snowing is because my dad is in Europe and she'll have to do all of the shoveling. This is like the 10th time he's been gone during a major winter storm.

Next time he travels, I'll let everyone know so you can plan in advance!!

Enjoy it!

Jenn

Comment

No snow

But it is really, really COLD. To top it off, we've all had some kind of flu virus since thanksgiving......My kids have missed school all week and I've spent a lot of time on the sofa sipping hot tea Winter is upon us

Kris
        ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
        ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

I've been sick, so when I heard it was going to snow, my first thought was "oh, no, another hassle." But as soon as I stepped outside this morning, everything was so pretty and clean and white that I was instantly like "I take it back; this is great!" The first real snowfall of the year gets me every time--I love it.
          Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
          Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
          Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

I don't know how you all stand the cold. Over here, it's in the 60's during the day, and high 40's at night... and we think that's cold. We're using our big coats for that. Can't imagine a snowstorm, tho. brrrr.....

Anyway, happy snow-day to you all

Comment

This christmas I will be snowboarding @ tahoe and I cannot wait to leave hot, sweaty Sydney and the bushfires behind.

Although a white christmas will be strange.....,

Comment

I love Tahoe!! I hope you have fun!!!
                Mom to three wild women.

Comment

I had a SNOW DAY yesterday! I was shocked that they closed my office...but not complaining! We had almost 10 inches! Yay. I'm used to this being from Ohio, but not in Philly.

Comment

They closed my office early yesterday and it was wonderful! I drank hot chocolate and my boyfriend took some time from studying so we could walk to a chinese restaurant for lunch. Such a good day!!

Comment

We had 8 inches, I hate the stuff. They did not close the hospital, and when I got home from the hospital, I had to shovel snow.
                      Luanne
                      Luanne
                      wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Working...
                      X