Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

NKOTB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NKOTB

Ok, I just looked up to see Adele staring at the TV while NKOTB are performing on the Today show. I can't believe they're back together and that my daughter is watching them.

(I know, bad mommy)
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Re: NKOTB

LOL, a whole new generation of fans I see! I remember being a fan, but after seeing them perform on The View the other day, it was just too cheesy for me to enjoy. I wonder if their comeback will be successful after everyone's nostaglia wears off. :huh:
    Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

I was a HUGE fan. It was not good for my image in junior high and elementary school, I assure you. I was positive I was going to move to Boston and marry Jordan. Wow. I can't believe I am admitting this.

Anyhoo, I too saw them on the view, and it was cheesy. I agree. Somehow it just doesn't have the same effect on me at 31, with them being nearly 40. If my former self could read this, oh, I would have just died.
      Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

OMG I LOVED Jordan Knight. I had their pictures bordered along my walls. I had pajamas. What was wrong with me?

Comment

ok, how on earth do you pronounce this group's name?? I saw some sort of teaser on the TV, but the voiceover didn't actually pronounce it (it was just a visual "NKOTB!!!!!" in huge letters). Either some of these consonants are silent, or there's an implied but not included vowel...

My guess is "En-KOT-B"--sort of like that guy, "Will-I-Am," but spelled with a bunch of periods between the syllables.

Comment

Never mind. I retract the question. Another law clerk just came into my office and straightened me out. I sure remember the group; I just didn't know that (1) they were still alive; (2) are still a group; and (3) have take a moniker that is the pop equivalent of Kentucky Fried Chicken's "KFC" abbreviation.

Are the members new (like how Menudo traded out members when they got too old), or is it the original members?

Comment

Its the original members, its a reunion tour. Most of them have kids, in fact one of them (I can't remember which one) has 4!

Comment

What is NKTOB?
                ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessFiona
                  What is NKTOB?
                  New Kids The On Block. A boy band from the 90's fronted by Jardon Kinght.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayMatterWife
                    ok, how on earth do you pronounce this group's name?? I saw some sort of teaser on the TV, but the voiceover didn't actually pronounce it (it was just a visual "NKOTB!!!!!" in huge letters). Either some of these consonants are silent, or there's an implied but not included vowel...

My guess is "En-KOT-B"--sort of like that guy, "Will-I-Am," but spelled with a bunch of periods between the syllables.
                    Originally posted by PrincessFiona
                    What is NKTOB?
                    That is too funny!!!

Now you guys know how I feel when you first mentioned "stay on the ROAD" when discussing specialty choices.
                    Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

You know Tara I did too and was shocked to hear they are all married now with children, of course I guess we don't know those are to women.

Comment

Originally posted by Pollyanna

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who didn't know what the heck that ment. Yep, never my style, I always found them a bit um feminine.
                        Me, too. A bunch of guys with barely capable of growing a beard, dancing in a coordinated way, highlighted by lots of wrist gestures. I guess the appeal to the pre-teen group is that they are nonthreatening.

I guess I was oversexed in junior high and high school. I liked men. I know that sounds really trashy, but I could never get into the whole boy band thing.

Comment

Working...
                        X