Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What kind of digital camera do you own?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kind of digital camera do you own?

Does anyone have a Nikon? How about a D40x?
    Needs

Re: What kind of digital camera do you own?

Not either of those kinds... (edited: oops - just looked it up & realized you're asking about one type of Nikon. It looks similar to what I have - totally worth it.)
    We have a Canon Digital Rebel, and I *love* it. That camera is near the top of my list of possessions. There's a lot on there that I don't even know how to use, but the picture quality & shutter speed are fantastic. I'm sure I've taken a couple thousand pictures with it in the last year. (Next on the list is a quality photo printer. )

Are you looking to buy a new camera?

Comment

The same one as JennP. I think it is a Canon.

Comment

Originally posted by Phoebe
        I think my cousin just bought that camera courtesy of Bush. I'll ask her. I know it's a Nikon and it is AWESOME. I used it and it was pretty easy to use and the pictures are AMAZING!

Comment

I don't have an SLR do I'm probably no help but I have the Canon SD800 IS and LOVE it!
          Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

I have a Nikon D50. I love it! The great thing about Nikon SLR lenses is that you can use them interchangeably across all the models. My dad has a 35 year old Nikon and I can use his lenses in my D50.

I find the snapshot pictures to be better than the other brands I've tried.
            married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

I have the Canon Rebel, which I love, but I need to replace the lens. I found as my kids got older and more mobile, I needed something less bulky ... so rather than shelling out the $$ to replace the lens right now, I bought a Canon Power Shot S5IS (the one that Nellie referred to). I love the camera & the results. My only complaint is that the lens cap falls off if a butterfly lands on it -- so I have a feeling that I'll be having lens issues w/this one sooner than later.

Comment

Originally posted by Deb7456
                Are you looking to buy a new camera?
                Yes, our other point and shoot camera has died. DH used a friend's camera which was a Nikon. I was looking for some other feedback on cameras. Sounds like I need to look into Canon too.
                Needs

Comment

Originally posted by Phoebe
                  I have a Nikon D40x, and love it. I am saving up money to get some new glass for it (a larger lens). Dh bought my Digital SLR camera for me as a Christmas present. It came highly recommended by the many docs and nurses he works with, who also happen to be heavily into photography. He was told it was a good beginner SLR. It takes amazing photos, and I haven't had any troubles with it.

I would love to take a photography class, but dh's schedule has been too unpredictable, and I haven't planned very well for it.
                  Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

I have the Nikon D40 and I love it! It is such an affordable dslr and it is very user friendly. This website was very helpful in helping us decide...http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/d40.htm.

Comment

I have the Nikkon D70. DH has the D80 and D300. We both love ours and wouldn't trade them. However I also have a point and shoot Fuji Finepix F50 that is 12 megapixels that is pretty hard to beat if you like an easy to use small camera.

Comment

I have a new Cybershot (I'm not the photographer, but LOVEE the Cybershot's...this is my third) and DH has a Canon XTi...he likes his! I never remember to charge mine though and always end up using my Blackberry...not such great picture quality...

Comment

Canon Digital Rebel and I love it. I let 3 yo DS use it so it has put up with a lot of abuse. My favorite lens is the 50mm (nifty fifty).....compact and inexpensive, but takes great pictures. It is not a zoom lens so your feet have to do all the work.

One thing I love about my Rebel is that the battery stays charged FOREVER.

Comment

Working...
                          X