Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Sammy Hagar and I

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sammy Hagar and I

I can't drive 55. I've received two speeding tickets in two years and got pulled over yesterday for doing 42 in a 25. Shockingly, I got off with a warning. I forgot how bad Ohio is about speeding.

Must...slow...down.

Kelly
    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Re: Sammy Hagar and I

Holy gaucamole.

You speed demon, you.

Comment

I am *constantly* monitoring this in myself, and am lucky that I do a lot of semi-rural driving rather than always in a city. I have always found speeding to be much easier in IN than in OH.

Sally
      Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

The tricked out minivan is cracking me up. I'm *so* getting that as my next car.

kelly
        In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Just north of Bath on I-77 is another horrendous one. My mom got 10 points there in one year's time and had to attend driver's ed classes. It worked out for me though, she needed me to get my license to drive her around for awhile.

I've always found PA to be worse than OH though. Driving the turnpike across the state .... just set the cruise control and forget about trying to make good time.

Comment

Originally posted by Jane
            I've always found PA to be worse than OH though. Driving the turnpike across the state .... just set the cruise control and forget about trying to make good time.
            Ha! I've gotten one speeding ticket in my life, and that's exactly where it was.

(Umm, and another ticket for "improper lane change.")
            Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
            Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
            Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

I actually find NJ to be a lot worse than PA. May be times have changed.

Kelly, you're lucky. A few years back when we were in the Finger Lakes region (Upstate NY), we got a $250 ticket for doing 40 in a 25 at about 1am. The cop was also really mean lecturing about a school zone, in the middle of the night on Saturday in the summer.

Comment

One thing I really like about the U.S. is how you can actually get away with a warning when speeding and getting caught. In Sweden and most other northern European countries that just would not ever happen. If they stop you for speeding, you *will* get a ticket, no excuses or exceptions.

Comment

Originally posted by McPants
                  One thing I really like about the U.S. is how you can actually get away with a warning when speeding
                  The Shaker Heights, OH cops need this info.

Comment

Working...
                  X