Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Has this happened at your house?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has this happened at your house?

I've had two political organizations call me this week asking me who I intended to vote for this November. Just now someone came to my door to ask these questions for statistical purposes.

Is this an Ohio thing or is this happening in your neck of the woods too?

Kelly
    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Re: Has this happened at your house?

I'm gonna guess it will be a 'swing state' thing. I'd be FLOORED if someone showed up here, and I don't answer calls I don't recognize, so I don't know if I've been getting polled.

Comment

I've had one or two pre-recorded messages. I swear, this has been going on so long that I don't believe there is an end in sight. When I look at the calendar and realize this is over in 7 weeks it doesn't seem right.

Comment

I would guess our friends in Michigan, Pennsylvania, etc are also experiencing this.

Texas is a forgone conclusion, I think.

(although I must say, my little pocket of San Antonio is clearly Obama country!)

Jenn

Comment

Yeah, those of us who aren't in battleground states get nothin'!
          Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Supposedly we're a battleground state - we've been getting calls the last few weeks from several telemarketer phone numbers but we don't answer them and they don't leave messages.
            Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Another reason not to have a home phone!
              Of course I have only seen Obama support around here though!

Comment

I had an Obama canvasser come to my door. (I only know this b/c I didn't look out the window first...we were expecting the pizza man.)

Comment

The same thing happened to me: two phone calls and someone showing up to my door. The calls and visit were on behalf of the Democratic party, specifically for the candidate running for US Senate against the republican incumbant. I was most surprised that they were asking who I was voting for rather than advocating for the candidate.
                  Wife of Ophthalmologist and Mom to my daughter and two boys.

Comment

We're getting phone calls almost on a daily basis, but luckily no one has showed up at our door. I'm thinking the McCain people were recently in my neighborhood though because on the same day a TON of McCain signs went up in peoples yards. I'm shocked at how much of my neighbors are voting republican, I would've pegged them for Dems. :huh:
                    Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

Working...
                    X