Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Guestbook SPAM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guestbook SPAM

Has anyone else gotten email messages about Guestbook messages? I have gotten 12 in the past 30 minutes...and they look like this:
    Is there anything we can do to block this?

Dear Tenacious_D,

has just commented on your Guestbook

This Guestbook is located here:

Here is the comment that has just been posted:
    for love or money,

Thank you for using our services!
    Danielle
    Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Re: Guestbook SPAM

Ummm, nope none here?

Comment

None for me either, knock on wood.
      Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

Grrrr....I am up to 19 SPAM messages from the site. I am tempted to delete the account if it continues.
        Danielle

Comment

no guest book spam...but i just got a super poke from kris. and it felt so good.
          ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Spam from the new part of the site? No, didn't even know we had e-mail or personal messages over there.

I am still curious what it means when you get an e-mail that says your profile has been visited and someone liked it. :huh:
            Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Ok all...I think I am going to disable the account and have to sign up as a completely new user....

The messages keep coming and they are pretty perverse. The email title is: Comment on your Guestbook at Medical Spouse Network and it comes from Medical Spouse Network. If any of the admins can help, that would be great because in an hour, I think I will delete the account so that I can end the barrage of SPAM messages
              Danielle

Comment

Danielle,

Let me take a look. One of the new installs was an email notification mod so that you know if someone signed your guestbook.

Before you disable it, let me have a peek...because if you have this problem other people might eventually too.

Kris
                ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

I might have solved it....let me know if you get any other messages. There are a couple of things that can be done to fix it.

Kris

Comment

Thanks...I'll see if I get anymore emails in the next hour and let you know!
                    Danielle

Comment

I deleted all of the spams too. I nosed around and it looks like you are the only one who has gotten the spam stuff...but I didn't check every account. There were 5 mods installed last night...only 1 by me....so if something continues, I'll talk to the indiv. who helped me.

Kris

Comment

Actually...I went ahead and just removed the guestbook. Why do we need it anyway...people can comment on the profiles if they want, we have email and pm....Apparently, this is the work of a spam bot that hooked itself up to a specific file...so it's now gone. No more emails.

Kris

Comment

YEAH!!!!!! Thanks.
                          Danielle

Comment

Originally posted by rainbabies
                            no guest book spam...but i just got a super poke from kris. and it felt so good.
                            I got one of those, too! How did Kris do that?
                            Sandy
                            Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

It's still being ironed out. It seems that the way it is right now, you can superpoke all of your friends and then poke back whomever...umm...pokes you. You are supposed to be able to go to someone's profile and poke them, but it isn't working properly yet. When it all gets figured out, I'll let you know.

Comment

Working...
                              X