Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

A new classic request from PETA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new classic request from PETA

Seriously?

Are they trying to support the breastfeeding agenda or what? :huh:
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Re: A new classic request from PETA

Can you just imagine how expensive that would be?????? Breastmilk is like $3 an ounce! PETA goes so overboard most of the time. There are soo many other animal abuse/neglect issues they could fight for, why do they pick ice cream??
    Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

I'm trying to verify this on snopes and there is nothing there. I think PETA is totally over-the-top, but I have a hard time believing THIS. I mean -- Ben & Jerry no longer RUN Ben & Jerry's, so sending the request to them is pointless. The FDA would never allow for human milk to be used , not to mention that the volume needed would NOT be available.

If there is truth to it, than PETA is even crazier than I thought.

Comment

I can't even find the words to respond, but I'd like to hook that PETA woman up to a breast pump for several hours a day and ask her to pay $100 for a pint of ice cream. What a loon.

Where are people for the ethical treatment of people?
        Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Zealots always scare me.

J.

Comment

Seriously??? I'm at a loss for words.
            Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

Human breast milk is already at a premium and sorely needed for sick neonates. I really don't want to see the needs of 500 gram babies compete with my need to self-sooth with Chunky Monkey on a shitty call night.

Kelly
              In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

I am so disappointed in PETA! That is a horribly written letter and even worse idea. Now if they were pushing for more soymilk or ricemilk ice creams I would support it!

Comment

Originally posted by houseelf
                  Human breast milk is already at a premium and sorely needed for sick neonates. I really don't want to see the needs of 500 gram babies compete with my need to self-sooth with Chunky Monkey on a shitty call night.
                  so true!!

Comment

Well i just emailed ben and jerry's to sign up as a lactator come January. I am going to be rich!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    Mom to three wild women.

Comment

OMG, wow, I'm also at a loss for words. Wouldn't soy milk make more sense than human?

Comment

I needed a good laugh this evening!

Not to deprive Ben & Jerry's of potential suppliers, but I found this link to human milk bank locations (North America only). There aren't very many!
                        http://www.hmbana.org/index.php?mode=locations

Comment

I can't help but wonder if human milk will even make decent ice cream? I know it won't make yogurt or cheese, the proteins don't coagulate right. :huh:
                          Alison

Comment

Originally posted by Cumberland
                            Well i just emailed ben and jerry's to sign up as a lactator come January. I am going to be rich!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                            Just think on the what's your occupation blank on applications, you could write lactator. Can you imagine the looks you would get with that one?

On a more serious note. With Emma I produced a ton of milk, and I thought about donating, and found out that it is tough. You can't just go and say "here's my milk feed it to some needy babes." You have to go through blood testing and screening galore, and then you can donate fresh milk.

So let's add that to the cost of high end B&Js.

Bad move PETA! Should have pushed for plant based. Come to think of it, aren't humans animals as well? Hmmmmmm,........
                            Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

I guess that is one way for me to calorically justify a pint.

That is just bizarre. Now I'm going to be thinking of that all night. Gross.

Comment

Working...
                              X