Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Favorite Browser?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Browser?

I've been using IE6 (maybe 7 ... I dunno) for ages, but I think it's time for a change. What does everyone use? Why do you like it?

TIA!

Re: Favorite Browser?

Firefox. The latest version fixed most of the memory pig issues, and it's just...better than IE. Being able to use things like the adblocker extension is nice. Pretty much anything you could think you'd want to do with a browser...there's probably an extension for it.

You can tell if you're using IE6 or IE7 - does it have tabs? Is there a toolbar *above* the menu toolbar? If you answered yes to both of those, you're using 7. If not, it's 6 or earlier. (of course, you could cheat and look at help|about, too).
    Sandy
    Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

I like Firefox but mostly use Safari with the new Mac....there are still a few websites that don't handle it though.
      Danielle
      Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Comment

I'm on Firefox and have never had issues with it but I'm not sure if its as good on a PC. There are a very few random sites I have to use Safari to get to.
        Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

We've been using IE7 for a while now and it's alright I guess. I do like the tab feature and the ability to close the tabs and save them for the next time I open IE.
          Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

Originally posted by MDPhDWife
            We've been using IE7 for a while now and it's alright I guess. I do like the tab feature and the ability to close the tabs and save them for the next time I open IE.
            Wait. How do you save them?
            Kris

Comment

I checked - I'm on IE7.

Comment

Firefox, definitely. I don't like to use Microsoft-products unless there are no other feasible alternatives.

Comment

Originally posted by HouseofWool
                  Originally posted by MDPhDWife
                  Wait. How do you save them?
                  When I go to close them out, I get a message that says, "Do you want to close all tabs" and then there's two check boxes as options. The first one is: Open these next time I use internet explorer, and the other is: Do not show me this dialog again. Then you click on either the close tabs option or the cancel option. This only happens when you're closing out the whole browser with multiple tabs open, and not just one tab at a time.
                  Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

Firefox on my PCs...love it.....I have the Pimpzilla theme.
                    Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Working...
                    X