Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What do you wear to sleep?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you wear to sleep?

Totally random ... but I was thinking about this the other day.

I wear an old (I'm talking 15-year-old) T-shirt that used to belong to my brother. It's huge and stretchy and soft and comfortable ... I've worn it so much and so long that it's getting threadbare and holey.

And I hate the feeling of wearing pants or socks to bed ... so I don't. My mom once told me that if you wear socks to bed you'll have bad dreams , maybe that's how that started?? :huh:
    ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
    -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Re: What do you wear to sleep?

I am a total pajama ho! I swear I have no less than 40 different pair. The way some are addicted to shopping for shoes online I am addicted to pajamagram.com.

Comment

I usually wear a t shirt and PJ bottoms, but nothing fits now and I need to go buy a flannel moo moo...UGH, I don't like nighties usually, but the waistband is worse!

Comment

I often just sleep...uh...in nothing. Especially in the summer.

Right now, of course, I have to wear a bra or tank top because I'm breastfeeding.

Comment

I love pajamas! I change into them first-thing when I get home from work. My DH likes it cold , so I usually wear flannel PJs around the house. When it's time for bed, I usually just sleep in a fitted t-shirt because I get really irritated when I can feel loose shirts or pajama pants bunched up under me. I also sleep in socks in the winter.
          Laurie
          My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

I'm a big fan of the cotton chemise.....little above the knee length things with spaghetti straps in English garden prints. I must like to dream I'm "to the manor born" or something. If only I had some french doors opening on to a balcony that I could throw open each day! And a butler to bring me coffee on a silver tray! With an ironed newspaper! *sigh* At least I'm dressed for it....

Reality is I complete the look in the AM by throwing on a college sweatshirt and slipping in to insanely comfy Ugg slippers.
            Angie
            Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
            Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

I'm a t-shirt and undies kind of girl. Normally I can't stand wearing pants while sleeping, although I've adjusted a bit on that.

Comment

Originally posted by Ladybug
                Now...:mom2b: LOL. I only fit into one pair of flannel PJ pants and one old, random large tee shirt. So sexy. Usually I wear some kind of PJ bottoms though. I don't like my legs touching each other during the night. :huh: I wear a tanks or tees with them.
                I thought I was the only person who doesn't like legs touching during the night! I hate that too. I wear a light weight pair of pajama pants with a tank top or cammy. I don't like big t-shirts because they bunch up when I sleep. I'm very particular about what I wear to bed. :huh:

Okay strange question , but do any of you women wear a bra to bed? I think I saw something about this in the parenting section. How is that comfortable? I'm just curious if it is a comfort thing or if it's supposed to offer some kind benefit, like prevents sagging. Just wondering.
                Wife of Ophthalmologist and Mom to my daughter and two boys.

Comment

Nothing.

But if I could get someone to bring me coffee on a tray by wearing a cotton chemise, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Comment

Originally posted by cupcake
                    Nothing.

But if I could get someone to bring me coffee on a tray by wearing a cotton chemise, I'd do it in a heartbeat.
                    And you wonder why the girls love being naked.

I wear nothing to bed.
                    married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Originally posted by JaneDoe
                      Originally posted by Ladybug
                      Now...:mom2b: LOL. I only fit into one pair of flannel PJ pants and one old, random large tee shirt. So sexy. Usually I wear some kind of PJ bottoms though. I don't like my legs touching each other during the night. :huh: I wear a tanks or tees with them.
                      I thought I was the only person who doesn't like legs touching during the night! I hate that too.
                      Me too! I love my jammies.

Comment

Very light T-shirt and bottom undies...I can't stand PJ's or pants or long sleeve shirts of any kind when I am in bed...even if it is cold. But I also tend to walk around the house in very little clothes as well...so this seems like a bigger issue
                        Danielle
                        Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Comment

T-shirt, undies, two 10 pound cats and a 50 pound dog and a 165 pound husband.

Jenn

Comment

pj pants and t-shirt. Lately, there have been several kids in my bed as well. I can't say that I have actually been sleeping.
                            Needs

Comment

I'm so surprised at the number of people who don't wear anything to bed! I just couldn't do it, I'd feel ... weird. And I'm at those of you who hate feeling your legs touch? That just cracks me up.

Someone asked about wearing bras to sleep? When I'm not nursing, I don't wear a bra at night.
                              ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
                              -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Working...
                              X