Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Been MIA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been MIA

Hey gals (and guys)! I have been very MIA recently - sorry!

DH was on an uber long hours rotation the last two months - woot - only one and a half more weeks. They did night float this month instead of so many oncall nights... I must say - it is killer! On me and DH - and poor V's schedule is thrown for a loop!

Next month is an elective month and then the ever-so-coveted two week vacation! We get 2 two week vaycays a year. This one we are going to spend in Arizona with my parents doing a psuedo Christmas. Totally bummin' about DH possibly (who am I kidding - most likely) missing his little man's first christmas!

Any thoughts on how to make the day extra special??

And I promise... I'll try to be more active over here --- if I'm not you can feel free to beat me with a stick. Lol

Re: Been MIA

Is dh going to be at the hospital?

Maybe you and the babe can make it up there and celebrate a little xmas in the call room or cafeteria if he has a lighter hour or so while on? We did a lot of that during residency!

Does your dh prefer night float to traditional call (just curious)?

And....we never beat people with sticks here. Heidi has been known to fire up the iMSN bus though!

I'm glad all is well for you! The vacation sounds great. Two Christmases this year...woohoo.

Kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Originally posted by MathMum
      Totally bummin' about DH possibly (who am I kidding - most likely) missing his little man's first christmas!

Any thoughts on how to make the day extra special??
      We celebrated Eddy's first Christmas on the 24th (which he got off on a fluke, someone took pity on him and traded call schedules), and then DH was on call for Christmas day so I brought Eddy to the hospital dressed in a Santa suit so DH could show him off to his co-workers (he was 2 months old.)

His second Christmas, DH got off (in the ER everyone gets a week at Christmas or New Year's without affecting vacation time) and we flew to Oregon to celebrate with family.

This year DH is doing the schedule so he had me draw straws to see who got Christmas vs. New Year's, and I drew the short straw for DH to work Christmas! D'oh! He's scheduled himself for an afternoon shift at least, so we can have breakfast and presents in the morning.
      Alison

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessFiona
        !

Does your dh prefer night float to traditional call (just curious)?

No way! He thought it was awful. He prefers traditional call - I think it's because of the postcall days are like mini days off.

Comment

Working...
        X