Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Any fellow NaNoWriMo's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any fellow NaNoWriMo's?

Just wondering if anyone else here is crazy enough to do this? http://www.nanowrimo.org I tried last year for the first time and had a lot of fun. I only made half my word count, but we ended up traveling for 2 out of the 4 weekends.

I'm pretty determined this year. Setting the alarm for 5am is worth the creative shot in the arm!

Anyone else?

Re: Any fellow NaNoWriMo's?

I've never heard of this, but it sounds awesome! I think I'll try it! But, my alarm is already set for 5:00 a.m. Maybe I'll work on it in the evenings - I don't think I could make myself get up any earlier.
    Laurie
    My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

This sounds fun but we'll be gone for 2 weeks in November. Do they run this competition only once a year?

Comment

Yeah! I'm glad some others are up to the challenge.

It is only once a year, but I think there is a screen play month at some point too.

My screen name over there is onthelam if you end up signing up!

Comment

I did this back in 2003, and actually made it to 50,000! I'd love to do it again this year, but I'm not sure I'll have the time. I may give it a try though!
          Wife to a urologist; Mom to 2 wonderful kiddos

Comment

I did this once years ago, too. Thanks for posting it! I signed up again. Let's see what I can accomplish with a DH home more often....but kids at home that sleep less than me these days.
            Angie
            Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
            Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Just signed up and my sister is doing it too. The only difference is that she is a real writer...went to University of Iowa for Creative Writing. We want to see how we do in the end. This should be fun
              Danielle
              Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Comment

Nichols. No reason. She just seems like a Jane Nichols. The cookie shop could be "Blondie's Here!" you know...because she's blond.....and she makes blondies? Not much help, am I? I'm having enough trouble with my own project. My inner editor is a bitch. A demanding perfectionist work stopping bitch. No wonder I never get a project done. :huh:
                Angie
                Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite

Comment

I'm picturing a car or delivery truck with cookies for wheels. I like Nichols. Otherwise, I'm only thinking of the last name of IRL Janes.

Comment

Good work. I like the German. I didn't think you wanted to go with Jane Cookilady. How much did you get done?
                    Angie

Comment

Yay! How exciting to see other people from this forum as nutty as I am!

Lilly, I love your plot and name choices! I'm keeping up (barely) with the 1667/day word count, but I still have about 1000 words to go for today. I relate to the inner critic, Angie. Mine is currently bound up in the linen closet trying to break her way out. She better watch out for the boobie-traps though!

My title is "Languor In Excessive Joy". My main character (I'll just call her A for now because her name has changed a couple of times already)is a pianist/teacher married to a pediatric cardiothoracic surgeon. They have known each other since the 4th grade and have been married for 15 years. They do not have children, although they have suffered an infant loss, and their marriage is in trouble. After reluctantly praying yet another novena for her marriage, she makes a promise to try to make her marriage work for one more year. The next day she comes into a lot of unexpected money. Over the next year she makes a lot of discoveries about herself, the choices she makes when she makes them separate from her husband, what she really wants and who her husband has really become. Her best friends include an atheist, a priest, and a monk--all part of the group of friends she and her husband had during the "good times" in college.

Ok. I'm going to try to get back to word count

Comment

This sounds GREAT! With working part time and being in school full time (and dealing with the MD BF) I don't know if I'll have time to participate this year...but I have always wanted to do something like this. Honestly, I have. Is it once a year?

Comment

Working...
                        X