Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Halloween

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halloween

Boo on the glucose test! No swiping your kids' candy on Halloween? That's just wrong.

We are trick or treating with neighbors. Afterwards, I've invited a few families over to sit out on our patio around the firepit. I'm hoping that goes well. It's totally spontaneous. I'm already regretting it as I think about what I need to do tomorrow. DD is Little Bo Peep. I made the costume. It was by far the most complex thing Ive ever sewed - but I impressed my daughter and it only has to bear up to one night's wear. (That, and everyone will look at it in the dark. I love Halloween sewing!)

DS is 12 and on the verge of not trick or treating. He's putting in fangs, painting his face white and slicking his hair back. He's thinking he'll wear black and fake tattoo sleeves and be some kind of vampire biker. :huh: As long as he get's candy.....it's all good as far as he's concerned.
    Angie
    Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
    Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Re: Halloween

Assuming that Nikolai will actually dress up this year, we're supposed to be meeting a few of the neighbors and heading over to the side of the neighborhood where they go all out for Halloween. and the main street merchants are all giving away candy to the kids, so we may go check that out, too.

Jenn

Comment

DS is going as a pediatrician. DD is going as a baby with a pumpkin beanie cap.

Comment

DD = Princess Leia
        DS = Spiderman
        Baby= pumpkin

I have a great picture of the three of them I will get to my blog someday soon (in costume on the way to a party last weekend).

Sorry Annie you flunked your test! I have about 8 pounds but LOTS of toning to do before I'm "me" again post pregnancy. This time of year is killing me. I can't say no to peanut M&Ms and of course my one glass of wine three times a week. BOOOOO!
        Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

We're still debating what we're going to do tomorrow night. We can take Adele around to a few neighbors and go to the church event down the street or we can stay home and pass out candy showing Adele off to the few friends that will bring their kids by. I'm leaning towards the 1st. At first it looked like it was going to be pretty cold but it got up to 70 today so tomorrow should be nicer then expected.

She will be a bunny rabbit, I'll post a picture once I actually put her in the costume!

Sorry about your test Annie, that stinks! But not wanting a lot of sweets in the house is the #1 reason I'd rather go out then stay home and pass out candy, with it being a Friday I'm not sure if we'd get a lot or very little in the way of trick or treaters.
          Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

DS is going as Commander Rex from the new Clone Wars movie.

DD is going as Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz.

Kelly
            In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

DS#1 is Superman, DS#2 is a skeleton.

Our downtown has a nice event during the day, where the businesses pass out candy to the kids. So we'll do that, and then once DH comes home we'll go out trick-or-treating in our neighborhood. It will be DS#1's first time, so we're excited!!!
              ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
              -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

As mentioned in my other post, we'll be going to Isabella's dad's house to have dinner and then go trick or treating in his neighborhood. I'm a little nervous since this will be the first time we've all sat down together to eat dinner.

Isabella will be 50's sock hop girl, Gracie will be Tinkerbell, I will be Dorothy and DH will be the Scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz. Thanks Cheri for loaning us the costumes!

I'll post pics later!
                Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

My siblings and I and our kids will be gathering at my mom and dad's house. That tradition started a decade ago, except this year the number of grandkids has jumped from two to four!

Cora will be an octopus, but she'll just be melting grandparent/aunt/uncle hearts, not trick-or-treating.
                  Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
                  Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
                  Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

Jacob will be a clone trooper, Quinn is a red power ranger (thanks for the hand-me-down Davita!). Matalin will be a baby wearing a cute halloween t-shirt, black pants (thanks again Davita), and fun socks with a cartoon candy corn guy on the side.

Comment

Happy Halloween!

Comment

Thanks, Annie! No one can agree who she looks like, too funny!

She is so spoiled this outfit including the bow is from her aunt.

Comment

I think we're having a party at our place and then heading out to some seedy night club where all the people will be in costume. Alcohol will presumably be consumed in large quantities. The gf is going as the wicked witch of the east and I'll be going as the main psycho from the movie The Strangers. I posted a photo of that costume in another thread.

Comment

DD is going to be Cinderella. We did "Trunk or Treat" at our church Sunday, and she had a blast. She is sick today, so not sure if we are going to go to many houses this evening...which is just as well since I confiscate most of her candy (and eat it myself after she is in bed ) DH is working late tonight.

Comment

I probably spent more on the Halloween candy than the costumes this year. The kids made up their costumes using stuff around the house. I'm curious how it will look tonight. This has been my laziest Halloween ever.

DD1 is going as a "fitch." What is that? It's a cross between a fairy and a witch, of course. We borrowed a witch hat, using a purple cape I had as a kid, purple shirt and black tights (skirt in there somewhere). She just needed a $6 purple shirt from Target.

DD2 is, are you ready? A dinner plate. :huh: I don't have a clue where this came from. Cardboard circles, painted white, decorated with stickers along the rim for the pattern.

DD3, currently dressed as a princess by her sisters this am. We are going to attach pink plastic forks and spoons to her with double-sided tape she she can be the spoon that the dish (dd2) ran away with. :huh:

Comment

Working...
                              X