Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Airline ticket question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airline ticket question

I bought our tickets for our holiday trip a month ago or so. I just read that NWA drastically cut plane ticket prices, and sure enough, the exact same route is over $100 cheaper per ticket. If I call them, will they refund me the price difference? I am really steamed about this right now!!!!!!
    Mom to three wild women.

Re: Airline ticket question

Doesn't hurt to call!
    married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

I did call- they refunded me the difference minus fifty dollars. And it is in the form of a credit. And the credit is not combined, there is a different credit for all four of us. So kind of a pain, and we lost fifty dollars each but we did get something at least.
      Mom to three wild women.

Comment

This is good to know. It happens! I should look into some tickets that I purchased a little while ago!

ETA: I just did this, and Alaska gave me a credit for the entire difference!
        married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

We're going to Disney World for Christmas and I bought the tickets in July thinking I'd be getting the best price. WRONG! Last week SWA lowered the prices by over $100 each! I called and luckily Southwest was awesome and allowed me to change to a more desirable itinerary which was even cheaper with no change fee and since they were non refundable tickets gave me a credit to use in the future for the difference. Just another reason why I think SWA rocks!

Originally posted by Cumberland
          a credit. And the credit is not combined, there is a different credit for all four of us. So kind of a pain, and we lost fifty dollars each but we did get something at least.
          At least you got something. :huh:
          Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

Originally posted by MDPhDWife
            We're going to Disney World for Christmas and I bought the tickets in July thinking I'd be getting the best price. WRONG! Last week SWA lowered the prices by over $100 each! I called and luckily Southwest was awesome and allowed me to change to a more desirable itinerary which was even cheaper with no change fee and since they were non refundable tickets gave me a credit to use in the future for the difference. Just another reason why I think SWA rocks!
            Just know that you have to use your credits a year from the date of the ORIGINAL purchase or you will lose them. We have done this many times. We pretty much only fly SWA and I always check on line for cheaper flights and switch accordingly. We did this when E graduated and various family members flew out and ended up with enough credits to fly the 4 of us to CA for our Maui trip!

Comment

Wow, I guess I'm so used to flying Ryan Air whenever I'm travelling within Europe that it's incomprehensible to me that an airline would reduce their prices post-purchase. That is indeed excellent service!

Comment

Back when we lived in the Caribbean I had tickets home on American. Prices had dropped several hundred dollars...... I was upset..... I called them and they ended up giving like 80% of the money back. I can't remember if it was a credit (which I ended up using) or if they credited back my credit card. Either way it was very painless. Give them a call and see what happens!

Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
                "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

Moonlight, where did you live in the Caribbean? We used to live in San Juan, Puerto Rico (I was in optometry school and my bf was in med school).

Comment

We are going to be at Disney again this year for Christmas too. Are you guys staying on site?

Comment

Originally posted by trisha2486

We are going to be at Disney again this year for Christmas too. Are you guys staying on site?
                      Yep! PM me so maybe we can schedule a meet up!
                      Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

Working...
                      X