Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

The Holiday party Saga

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Holiday party Saga

Ok, most of you by now might have realized that strange things always happen to me, and by strange, I usually mean funny.

So, Saturday was the day of the holiday party for the SAMPC gang (that's San Antonio Military Pediatric Consortium, FYI) which was once again planned by yours truly plus two other of my husband's co-workers.

I decided to go all out- mostly as a way to get out of my funk- so I had the nails and toe nails done, plus my hair. The nail guy decided that I needed fun toes and gave me a rhinestone Christmas Tree on my left big toe and a rhinestone candycane on my right big toe. Then my hair dresser Patsy the Miracle Worker, did my hair. But she wouldn't let me put my sweatshirt on over my hair- she didn't want me to mess it up. So, I left wearing my jeans and the smock. (in my neighborhood that really wouldn't raise an eyebrow though!)

I changed and did my make-up (I wore this vintage silver long skirt with red, burgandy and pink flowers with a funky red men's shirt from the 70's. Why be normal?) so, I stopped off at the salon to return the smock and to show them the ensemble. I walk and Patsy said "you didn't line your lips". So I reminded her that I wear lipstick precisely twice a year. So, she grabs the make-up samples and touches me up. Then they all decide that I need different jewelry. Patsy goes over the area where they sell necklaces and rings, selects one of each, puts them on me and says, "leave the tags, return them on Tuesday!". It was so funny! It must be like borrowing jewelry from Harry Winston on Oscar night- but on a much smaller scale.

Then, getting in to the car, my shoe broke. We were on our way to the pre-party party so I asked Rick to stop at RackRoom Shoes. I ran in with one shoe on and the broken one in my hand and told them man I was having a shoe emergency. He pointed me in the right direction and I bought the shoes, put them on and them walked out the store.

What a night!

and both parties were fabulous!!

Jenn

Wow, your outfit sounded pretty cool! You should post a picture if you have one!
    Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

I agree with Sue, you should definitely post a picture -- sounds like you looked "mah-velous".

Sally
      Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Jenn-

Sounds like you had a great time! You deserved it.

You definitely have to post photos when you get them. Looking forward to seeing them.

Dures

Comment

Working...
        X