Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

President Elect OBAMA!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: President elect OBAMA!!!!!!!!

Canada was def very pro Obama...interestingly enough there was WAYYY more hype here about the US election than our own! Loads of facebook comments about Obama and I bet there are a good many who couldn't even tell you who our new PM is! We need to live vicariously through you guys

Comment

Originally posted by sarahB
      Canada was def very pro Obama...interestingly enough there was WAYYY more hype here about the US election than our own! Loads of facebook comments about Obama and I bet there are a good many who couldn't even tell you who our new PM is! We need to live vicariously through you guys
      so who is your new PM??

Comment

Originally posted by pinkpickles
        Originally posted by sarahB
        so who is your new PM??
        Isn't it the same guy as before...err...what's his name again...ummm...:scratching head smiley:....Harper right?

Actually I have to confess that neither DH or I voted. We could have but it is quite an effort when you are non-resident, and it didn't seem worth it for this election. Canadian politics is so dull. I bet very few American's know that Canada has a conservative PM.

Comment

I actually caught one of the debates for the Canadian PM on NPR late one night. That's how addicted I am. I listened to a debate between the Canadian candidates. Re-elected PM Harper of the Conservative party in October. Wasn't there some scandal right before the election that people thought would affect the vote? Can't remember. I was very impressed that all the candidates had to debate in a French AND an English language format at some point.
          Angie
          Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
          Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

I knew on Friday night but only because I had dinner with a Canadian. A few days later, I could probably pick it out of a multiple choice list but wouldn't have come up with it on my own. He said he really enjoyed the US election and listed to coverage most of Tuesday while driving into the US.

Comment

I'm impressed that you all caught me
              Yep, another round of Harper...he's just....boring! They all are in fact....uhh...scandal? That would have actually made politics exciting!

Comment

Working...
              X