Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Senate Races

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Senate Races

So our Senate race brought some national attention because Al Franken is the Democratic candidate.

These are the voting numbers as of this morning:
    Minnesota

99% of precincts reporting
    Norm Coleman (Rep) * 1,210,790 42%
    Al Franken (Dem) 1,210,028 42%
    Dean Barkley (Inp) 437,146 15%

Anything under 15,000 requires a recount so its going to be a few more days before this is decided. Very interesting...
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Re: Senate Races

And it looks like Ted Stevens is going to win re-election in Alaska, if he's sent to jail will Palin appoint herself?

Comment

Originally posted by oceanchild
      ETA: If Minnesota elects Franken, after electing Ventura, I will be highly entertained.
      Luckily I didn't live here when they elected Ventura so I can shrug that one off but if we elect Franken I'm going to be very disappointed in this state.

Comment

The AP is calling it for Coleman but 571 votes is an awfully small number when a recount is coming. :huh:

Comment

Originally posted by LilySayWhat
          I was glad to see Kay Hagan win in NC.
          Ditto. :happyrain:

Comment

can't believe Stevens is winning ... that's crazy.

Comment

I can't believe it about Stevens, either. I wonder what will happen on that.

I voted for Gordon Smith. I liked Merkley's primary challenger (Novick) and was really disappointed with how Merkley ran that campaign. I hope Smith wins.

Comment

So I guess MN's voting is VERY secure - past recounts have reclassified less then 10 votes. We use an optical scanner where you fill in the bubbles and the machine counts it. So Coleman has basically won but now Franken's team is saying they're going investigate voting irregularities even though there were no reports of any yesterday.

I think it will be Coleman, but I think its going to be a few days if not a week before it gets there.

Comment

Working...
                X