Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Holiday Shopping....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holiday Shopping....

How close are you to being done?

Today I finished everything for Zoe. I am missing one gift for Aidan and 1 gift for Alex and Andrew. I still have to buy for Amanda and Thomas though.....

We're being really cheap about things this year. I went to Mill's Fleet Farm to their Toy Shop because they had a huge sale today. I actually got a $50 lego set for Aidan for $22 .... I got one of the very last ones!

Zoe loves the little pet shop cats and I got some cute stuff at a great price. She also loves My little pony and I found a mother/child pony set. The ponies are much bigger (at least 3 times bigger) than the regular size my little pony and you can fix their hair with a bunch of cute "pretties" that come with them.

I'm so excited! LOL

Kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Re: Holiday Shopping....

I am almost done with family and friends - except for those obligation gifts that pop up...like those last minute gift exchanges I somehow always end up getting invited to I know, I am a grinch.
    My goal is to always be finished by the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. This way I can enjoy the holiday season without feeling like I HAVE to go out and fight the crowds.

HOWEVER... for obvious reasons, I have not bought my IMSN secret santa. Can't wait to do that!
    Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

Are you serious?! Wow! You guys are so far ahead of the game!
      married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Just started today- The PX had Waterford Christmas Tree decorations so I picked up three before they sold out.

We're also cutting WAY back. I think we're going to get my MIL a $200 Albertsons grocery card or something. (she'll get one of the ornaments, too) My parents are going to get a few stocking stuffers and one book each. I found a puzzle in the National Geographic catalog that they'll make of any place in the world so I'm going to get one of those for everyone- including Nikolai. He's too young for it now but I'll save it. (going to get one of the village where he was born)

Dude wants train stuff of course. I got him that new Cat in the Hat board game which seems like it will be fun. He's not going to get a ton of stuff. There's a Thomas lego set that I found at the PXtra (that's the furniture/toy/garden center on post).

My brother and SIL will get a couple gift. It's also my brother's 40th birthday so I need to ponder on that a bit. My mom's birthday is January 4 and my SILs birthday is December 1, and my MILs birthday is December 15. We're screwed.

Jenn

Comment

No way . I don't even think about it until December. We exchange gifts with very few people though.
          My parents are visiting in January so that means I can put off getting anything for my side of the family until then!
          The National Geographic puzzles sound interesting, might work for some people, thanks Jenn!

Comment

I ordered these at Pottery Barn for my MIL and FIL. One gets the brown leather one, the other gets the black. I listed their names and addresses.
            married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

I'm about 1/4 of the way done...yikes! I really need to hustle this week though....we are flying home to NS the week of Dec 13th and then our induction date is set for the 19th so it all needs to get done and wrapped in the next 2-3 weeks....I just feel so big.and tired.and grinchy this year......*sigh*

Comment

Oh boy, I am so not there yet. I should start thinking about it though.

Bryn is making some cool stuff in an art class. We'll probably give one item to my mom. We also do the photobooks every year and give that as a gift to my brother, mom, dad, and grandmothers. We give SIL a giftcard and I'll give MIL some sort of cozy clothing. That part is easier. I'm not sure what we'll do for the kids. Last year the big gift was going to Disneyland. We aren't doing that this year but I like the idea of an experience or event over an item. Can you tell I've been cleaning closets? I'm thinking maybe a few days of skiing and lessons for the kids or something along those lines. We usually do a board game for each child.

Kris, now you are going to have me thinking about this all day. If I'm smart, I'll write stuff down and remember where I put the list.

Comment

We're cutting back this year too. We bought Adele a wagon which we'll have her "open" before we go home and take her picture in it so that we can show people on the camera. We're going to get her a NWF magazine subscription for her birthday. My side of the family has decided to only do Christmas for the kids so I'm waiting for lists for my nephew and niece/nephew to come.

I know what we're getting MIL, I just need to order it and I have NO idea what we're getting BIL & FIL. DH is done too. So we have 4 to buy for and one isn't even born yet so its a little hard to buy for him/her at this point.
                  Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

I have only thought about Christmas shopping. My Mom, Sister and dd went shopping yesterday, intending to buy Christmas gifts. However, we got a little distracted and purchased shoes and clothes for dd and ds to wear now. They needed it.

A local radio station was playing entirely Christmas music this weekend. That's early!
                    Wife of Ophthalmologist and Mom to my daughter and two boys.

Comment

I'm pretty much done. Just have to order some things on snapfish. With exception to my brothers, I was done with the kids that we buy for in the spring. Can't pass up a sale...

Comment

You people are pissing me off.

______
                        Angie
                        Who is not started yet....
                        Angie
                        Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                        Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Originally posted by Sheherezade
                          You people are pissing me off.

______
                          Angie
                          Who is not started yet....

Kris
                          ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                          ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Comment

Um, Christmas??? I just put up my Halloween decorations, and the box is still sitting by the door...

My family does a big shopping trip every year the weekend after Thanksgiving, and that's usually when I start. I usually finish the day before Christmas Eve. I think every year how great it would be to be done early, but I'm just not that motivated...
                              Laurie
                              My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Working...
                              X