Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Holiday Countdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holiday Countdown

How is everyone doing on the holiday front? I have actually almost finished my Christmas shopping and I managed to mail out a package for my mom yesterday.

The most fun I had was buying stocking stuffers for Santa (He's so busy this time of year!). I bought my dad an electric ear and nose hair trimmer and walked through Wal-Mart with it in my basket chuckling out loud . I'm sure people thought I was nuts, but it just seemed so funny to me ..... I'm sure he'll think it's a riot too.

How is everyone else doing?

Kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Although my shopping was done a long time ago, I have a garage full of stuff that has to be wrapped. My oldest DD refuses to go to bed before 10 pm and by that time I am so exhausted the thought of wrapping makes me even more tired. I would enlist DH to help, but he is hopeless when it comes to making packages look pretty. I am too picky I guess, like a 2 yr old and a 5 yr old are even going to notice the wrapping paper. We are however going to make some Martha Stewart wrapping paper for kids today to wrap their older brothers presents in.

I haven't even started the menu for Christmas dinner, although it will be Christmas Eve Dinner. I'm thinking goose or duck. At the rate I'm going it will be a spiral ham from the grocery store deli. Oh well, off to plan.

Comment

Still haven't started shopping!!!
      Me and the girls have had the flu this week so today is the first day I have felt normal. Luckily my mother-in-law is coming tonight so I can do some last minute shopping.
      Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

I'm going to do some serious shopping this weekend!!
        Luanne
        Luanne
        wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Well, it doesn't look like I am going to be able to finish my cross-stitch project for my MIL. So, we still need to get her something. Hopefully my DH can do this in the next day or two before we leave for our trip on Monday. For once he is off and I have to work! (So I'm putting him to work, hee hee)

Happy holidays everyone!!!

Comment

you could always wrap it with a note that you will send it framed as soon as it is finished. I'm sure she will understand. Include a small box of chocalates. Let her help pick a frame!
            Luanne
            Luanne
            wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Luanne -- That's a really good idea. I will do that. I know she will understand. Thanks and happy holidays!

Comment

Working...
              X