Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

All I want for Christmas...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All I want for Christmas...

Copy & Paste and answer for yourself - HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper, I only do 2-3 papers/year

2. Real tree or Artificial? Real. We're not sure where we're going to get ours this year and we're not sure what Adele will do with it so it should be interesting.

3. When do you put up the tree? the first weekend after Thanksgiving weekend

4. When do you take the tree down? usually a week or so after Christmas

5. Do you like eggnog? yep

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Wow, I don't even think I can answer that one, there were a lot

7. Hardest person to buy for? BIL, hands down

8. Easiest person to buy for? Adele, when all else fails cute clothes always work

9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, my mom bought it for us

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail of course, my cards are going to be really cool this year

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? No idea

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Miracle on 31st street

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I'm done with everyone but FIL and BIL, I started a few weeks ago

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Nope

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? My dad's chilli

16. Lights on the tree? White ones

17. Favorite Christmas song? Oh Holy Night

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Travel when DH's schedule allows

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen & Rudolph

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Angel, but I really need to find a new one.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? I like Christmas Eve!

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? The crowds

23. Favorite ornament theme or color? Santa faces

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner ham or turkey? Neither ??

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? My two front teeth. Oh wait, maybe I should put that (those?) on Adele's list
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Re: All I want for Christmas...

Love it!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Depends on the gift, but mostly paper.

2. Real tree or Artificial? Real for now, artificial when we get older and I'm sick of the work of a real one.

3. When do you put up the tree? Eh, early-mid December, whenever we get around to it.

4. When do you take the tree down? Soon after new year's

5. Do you like eggnog? Oh god yes! The fakey kind from the grocery store, with extra nutmeg added, please.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Hmmm. I don't know about favorite, but I remember in first grade being impressed with how BIG one box was, and somehow bigger=awesomer. It was a beanbag chair. Kids are weird.

7. Hardest person to buy for? Dad. That dude needs some hobbies.

8. Easiest person to buy for?
    Yup, the baby would be easiest. I love buying baby stuff and I know exactly what she needs. Ironically, we probably won't get her anything this year, though.

9. Do you have a nativity scene? No but I hope to one day.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Uh-oh, now I have to reveal what a Scrooge I am. I don't do Christmas cards. My mom never did when I was growing up, either. :huh:

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
    Probably last year, from my grandfather's wife, a cut-glass decanter set with like six shot glasses. And inside the box, an old gift tag, "To mom, from Pam and Earl." Thank god she wasn't there for the opening, because then the rest of the family was free to have a great laugh about it. That is pretty par for the course for her.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Have to see It's a Wonderful Life, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, and A Christmas Story one time each during December or it just isn't Christmas.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? After Thanksgiving

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No, I'm too afraid of getting caught! (And also it's icky.)

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Cookies!

17. Favorite Christmas song? Silver Bells. I love an urban Christmas season!

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Travel to mom and dad's. The past two years are the first two I didn't wake up in their house on Christmas morning. Now we wake up at our place and travel to theirs at noontime.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers?
    Yup, thanks to the song.

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star. I consider our current star "temporary" until I can find a really good, special one.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Definitely Christmas morning.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?
    The pressure. I try to do what I can not to fall prey to it, but I think more of it will be inevitable when making those good memories for the kid/s.

23. Favorite ornament theme or color? Souvenir ornaments from places I've/we've traveled or significant events, and remembering those times while decorating the tree, and looking forward to adding more as our lives progress.

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner ham or turkey? Either one, whatever. My SIL usually makes a nice Christmas dinner and she changes it up every year.

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Contentment
    Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
    Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
    Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Some wrapping paper but a lot of gift wraps made from cloths, japanese-style.

2. Real tree or Artificial? Real - one year we bought a potted tree that could be planted later but it was too small

3. When do you put up the tree?Second Sunday of Advent

4. When do you take the tree down? December 7th - Epiphany

5. Do you like eggnog? yes, DS especially loves it and has requested a ginormous amount for when he comes home from college. Last year he learned how to make it.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? I always liked receiving clothes

7. Hardest person to buy for? Whichever of my children that is in a vegan/anti-materialistic/recycled only phase.

8. Easiest person to buy for? Husband, he always gives nice clear hints and is happy with anything from his list

9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes,a beautiful wooden one from Germany and a porcelain one from my childhood

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail, along with cheesy letter tucked in

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Big , authentic Russian fur soldiers hat that looked like a large animal on my head. I actually sent it back to my BIL as I had no idea what to do with it.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Any of them are ok but a couple of years ago we saw the David Sedaris Christmas play and laughed all through it.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I knit a lot of pairs of socks and a few sweaters for family and so I work on them all year around and I have picked out some other things but haven't ordered them yet - I shop online

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Christmas cookies

16. Lights on the tree? White ones and colored ones. When my husband isn't home I set them to twinkle on and off - he and the kids hate that.

17. Favorite Christmas song? Lo How a Rose ere blooming (in German)

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? We have always stayed home but now that the kids are gone we might go to hot springs place that we like someday.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers? Yes

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Angel

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?We open one on Christmas Eve before church and the rest on Christmas morning

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? too many parties

23. Favorite ornament theme or color? My favorite ornaments were made by my kids

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner ham or turkey? Neither ??
      I think we have both usually if folks are coming to our house and then eat sandwiches and have an open house

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? some pretty earrings, I am tired of all of mine.

Comment

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Depends on the gift - gift bags for anything that is not already in a box.

2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial. Would love real but too dry here.

3. When do you put up the tree? Thanksgiving weekend. Must be up by the 1st Sunday in Advent!!

4. When do you take the tree down? After Epiphany (I try for it to be put away by that weekend following)

5. Do you like eggnog? Not so much.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? I remember my teddy bear. I was 4 - still have it BTW. It is up on a high shelf in my closet - I fear that one day it will fall and the golden retriever will find it and think it is a new "woobie".

7. Hardest person to buy for? FIL

8. Easiest person to buy for? Me-count?? Hee. hee. My mom is easiest.

9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, several and I even have a pregnant Mary to display before Christmas.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail - when I get around to it. If it becomes a stressor..."it ain't happening" that year.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I do not have one. To me, it is the one gift (seems to happen every year) where you have to smile while thinking WTH as the giver watches you open it.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? I like Charlie Brown's Christmas. Looove the little tree.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? All year long - could be the day after the previous Christmas.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes, but the recipient knew it was recycled. So, maybe it was not a gift per say - she admired it and I said if you really like it - you can have it.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Trifle

16. Lights on the tree? White ones with Chasing lights

17. Favorite Christmas song? Oh- Come All Ye Faithful

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Depends on the dawkters schedule

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers? Got to sing the song to do it.

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? a Moravian Star - hope it never breaks!!

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? 1 maybe 2 Christmas Eve, Stockings Christmas morning and we also exchange gifts throughout the 12 days of Christmas (could be little notes/candy) and then also have gifts for Epiphany.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? The 12 days of Christmas are AFTER Christmas. I do not understand when there are advertisements for the 12 days before. :huh: I feel like it is just a retail marketing ploy and nothing to do with Christmas.

23. Favorite ornament theme or color? We collect ornaments from the different places we have traveled or buy ones to represent things we have done or milestones. I like that each ornament has a story.

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner ham or turkey?
        Ham if these 2 are my only choice. However, my favorite is lobster.

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Peace.
        Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper- preferably recycled so I feel less guilty about it

2. Real tree or Artificial? When we put up a tree, it has to be real. But like so many years past, I'm ordering a 1-800-flowers tree to have and then we're flying to the East Coast on Christmas Eve

3. When do you put up the tree? Whenever I get inspired. Growing up it couldn't go up until my parent's anniversary (12/21) or come down until after mom's birthday (1/4)

4. When do you take the tree down? See above

5. Do you like eggnog? Yes, but I won't drink it because the real stuff is way too caloric and the fake stuff tastes like chemicals

6. Favorite gift received as a child? When I was 16 my parents gave my brother and I a trip to Europe for 16 days. That didn't suck. We went in April

7. Hardest person to buy for? My FATHER. Total PITA

8. Easiest person to buy for? My mother- we're so close I can name 25 things off the top of my head for her

9. Do you have a nativity scene? No, since we're not religious I think it would be kind of hypocritical. But I think they're pretty for those who do have them

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail- and I'll be getting the annual iMSN card list email together soon.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? A toaster and cooking stuff when I was in college. Compounded by the fact that my brother got a badass stereo

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? The Grinch. In fact, family tradition requires that the day after thanksgiving, everyone gather to watch the Grinch

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Whenever the mood strikes

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Not that I recall. Wedding presents, yes.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Christmas Eve steak fondue, fabu salad and crusty french bread

16. Lights on the tree? White and I better not see any of the wires, either. I'm way too OCD about the lights

17. Favorite Christmas song? O Holy Night, in French, sung by Luciano Pavarotti

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? travel

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers? Given enough wine, probably

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Neither- a funky antique blown glass topper from my parents that looks just like the one they have

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? One family gift on Christmas Eve, everything else on Christmas morning

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? The never-ending catalogs in the mail

23. Favorite ornament theme or color? Someday I want to do my whole tree in crystal and silver ornaments

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner ham or turkey? Neither- lived with my Jewish BFF too long to enjoy ham and Turkey is a one time of year food.

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? No debt

Comment

Oh - this is fun!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Mostly wrapping paper - I like to have a color "theme" each year.

2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial. My mom has terrible allergies, so for her to enjoy Christmas at our various houses, we've all had to switch to artificial trees. I don't mind.

3. When do you put up the tree? Totally depends. Last year we were traveling & didn't have much room in our house, so we didn't even put it up! This year I'd like to set it up... today!

4. When do you take the tree down? Sometime in January.

5. Do you like eggnog? Yes - more & more as I go.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Hmm... I liked this series of kids' records that my parents got us each year... But the most memorable year was probably when they got bicycles for each of us kids.

7. Hardest person to buy for? My brother. Expensive taste and money enough to buy whatever he wants for himself.

8. Easiest person to buy for? My mom. She makes her tastes and interests known pretty freely!

9. Do you have a nativity scene? No, actually! Maybe I should ask for one as a gift this year.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail, with a family pic.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I can't really think of a bad one... DH's aunt usually sends home-made gifts that her daughter makes with her. Last year they sent brightly colored flip-flops with equally bright felt strips threaded through the plastic upper piece. But I've actually worn them quite a bit in our tile-floored house!

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? :huh: Never watched Christmas movies much. Toss-up between "It's a Wonderful Life" and "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" I guess!

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Sometime in November.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Christmas Eve dinner is a BIG tradition in our family... Everyone dresses up, we put china on the table, and then we all help fix the meal: Oyster stew, shrimp & steak, salad, a couple other side dishes, and then gingerbread with lemon sauce.

16. Lights on the tree? The ones that came with our tree are white.

17. Favorite Christmas song? Oh Come All Ye Faithful, from a Third Day Christmas CD, followed very closely by a song about waiting at Christmastime to adopt a child from China - makes me cry every time.

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? We rotate Christmas locations on both sides of the family - so, depends on the year.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers? Now comes Dasher and Dancer and Prancer and Vixen, Comet and Cupid and hmmmhmm and hmmhmmm. But do you recall... Rudolph... Apparently not!

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? We don't have a tree topper that I like yet!

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? We beg to open on Christmas Eve (for tradition's sake). But we always open on Christmas morning.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Ugh. Trying to decide what to get everyone.

23. Favorite ornament theme or color? Silver, blue, and white.

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner ham or turkey? Shrimp & steak for our family!

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? I'm really hoping DH will get me a large-format photo printer for my scrapbooking!

Comment

[quote="SuzySunshine"]Copy & Paste and answer for yourself - HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Both. Depends on the gift and who it's going to.

2. Real tree or Artificial? Fake. Asthma. And (perhaps even more importantly) I am allergic to the work involved in maintaining a real tree.

3. When do you put up the tree? Around Thanksgiving.

5. Do you like eggnog? NONONONO

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Anything for my dollhouse.

7. Hardest person to buy for? Husband. However awesome the gift, he never uses it.

8. Easiest person to buy for? My sister. Gift certificates to Target.

9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes. We have a very extensive Fontanini 5"-scale one...with stable, inn, all sorts of additional Bethlehem scene pieces. Seriously, it's so big in terms of pieces, I can't put it all out.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? My husband once got my a nightgown in XXL. I'm a small. He said he thought it was the right size because I am "big." Seriously. That's what he told the store clerk. (He meant "tall." He didn't realize there is a distinction. It still hurt my feelings--not because it is terrible to be a XXL--I'm SURE that was just DH's wishful thinking regarding my bustline--but because he didn't even make an effort to try and figure out the right size. Or that he looked at the nightie and thought that would fit me. Does he even know my body?)

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? "The Ref" with Denis Leary. That grandmother is TOTALLY my grandmother!!!

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Haven't even started. Will order everything through Amazon in one sitting, I am sure. Except for my brother's shirts. I will go out and get those this weekend.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No. Does EVERYTHING have to be green these days? Geez.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Chocolate. Anything chocolate. But that's not unique to Christmas. My mom also makes an incredible homemade mac and cheese.

16. Lights on the tree? White, blinking--but not at a pace that reminds you of Studio 54.

17. Favorite Christmas song? It's a tie: "Oh, Holy Night" and "Good King Wenceslaus."

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Travel if DH is working Christmas (like last year and this year)

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen & Rudolph

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Angel. But she isn't very angelic looking. The expression on her face--she looks more like a pole dancer. I should really get a less provocative angel. She has the glint in her eye like she is going to do something naughty to Santa. Creepy!

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Morning.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? People who scream at anybody saying "Merry Christmas." They rant about "separation between church and state." Um...a private citizen...heck, a private company's employees...saying "Merry Christmas" does not raise Constitutional issues. But thank you for eating up 10 minutes of my time ranting about something of which you know nothing. And I retract my "Merry Christmas"!!!

23. Favorite ornament theme or color? I love winter robins and holly.

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner ham or turkey? My mom has fixed beef fondue every Christmas since I was a kid!

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Nothing. I just want my kids to have a good time. Dad has to work Christmas, so we are flying to Pittsburgh on Christmas Eve to stay with my folks and brother for the week. Sam is SO excited. We did the same thing last year. He can't think of anything cooler to be doing on Christmas Eve than being on a PLANE!! (Hey, if that's his position, I'm willing to adopt it--the plane tickets were DIRT cheap!)

Comment

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper

2. Real tree or Artificial? artificial.

3. When do you put up the tree? the first weekend after Thanksgiving weekend

4. When do you take the tree down? the day after Christmas if possible. I'm anal

5. Do you like eggnog? No

6. Favorite gift received as a child? an acquarium

7. Hardest person to buy for? ILs

8. Easiest person to buy for? the kids

9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? a $100 Longerberger commerative basket when we had absolutely no money and a baby on the way

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? A Christmas Story

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Summer

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Red Velvet Cake

17. Favorite Christmas song? Anything by Manheim Steamroller

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Angel,

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas!

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? the unnecessary presents that we have to buy for people

23. Favorite ornament theme or color? Photos of my kids

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner ham or turkey? Turkey

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? A better economy & a signing bonus

Kelly
                In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? both, although the bags are usually recycled from years past

2. Real tree or Artificial? artificial

3. When do you put up the tree? when I find the time....it gets later and later each year, sadly.

4. When do you take the tree down? Before we go back to school, or before we travel if we are going out of town. Otherwise, the cats would have their way with it.

5. Do you like eggnog? It's okay.....DH really loves it.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Probably a dollhouse, but I distinctly remember being told my mom was pregnant at Christmas when I was in 2nd grade and it made me *so* happy.

7. Hardest person to buy for? DH, hands down.

8. Easiest person to buy for? Any of my kids.

9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, lots of them.....I collect them.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? mail....Picture card + letter

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? A tv with a built-in vcr for our bedroom from DH (intern year....need I say more?)

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? It's A Wonderful Life, but I have a big soft spot for A Muppet Christmas Carol. :huh:

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Not soon enough!

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No, but I have given my kids toys that I bought at Once Upon A Child.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? cookies with icing and sprinkles

16. Lights on the tree? Colored

17. Favorite Christmas song? Silent Night

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? both, depends on the year

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers? Oh yeah.

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? I have an angel but would like to switch to a star.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Not enough time to slow down and enjoy the season

23. Favorite ornament theme or color? angels

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner ham or turkey? don't have a favorite

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? don't know

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? mostly wrapping paper. i was actually considering having the kids stamp / color on the paper grocery store bags (I've been bad about taking my resuable bags since the baby came) and using that for wrapping paper.

2. Real tree or Artificial? permanent. my mother was heartsick when she finally had to give in and buy a fake tree, as she was nearly crying in the store about buying a fake tree, the sales guy said "It's a "permanent" tree - we don't use the F word here."

3. When do you put up the tree? dh's birthday 12/10

4. When do you take the tree down? the day after Christmas if possible. I'm DONE with Christmas by then. When I was a kid we kept it up until my birthday, 1/10.

5. Do you like eggnog? yes - and the local dairy has their own eggnog this year. I'm dying to try it but afraid to ... I'll like it too much.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? a handwritten recipe book from my cousin. I was 22 ... but it is my most treasured (and used) gift ever.

7. Hardest person to buy for? ILs

8. Easiest person to buy for? the kids

9. Do you have a nativity scene? no

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? a hideous t-shirt with a Native American face on it and a head dress that had been bedazzled ..

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? A Christmas Story

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? soon, hopefully

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? my aunt's mashed potatoes

17. Favorite Christmas song? O Come Let Us Adore Him

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Staying this year - and in the future I hope ...

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers? yep

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? star

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? one on Christmas Eve, the rest on Christmas!

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? the fakeness from some people

23. Favorite ornament theme or color? No themes. Most of my ornaments were my mothers, and I collect one ornament per kid each year. My tree has a treasured history on it.

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? a coffee table ... maybe ... I suggested to dh that we forego gifts to each other just to allow us to stock up a bit of a reserve, but he doesn't want to.

Comment

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
                      Wrapping paper unless the gift is drinkable.

2. Real tree or Artificial?
                      Artificial. There are hardly any pine trees on the island of Ireland, so buying one would be pretty expensive.

3. When do you put up the tree?
                      Early December. I'm thinking the gf is already itching to get started on it though. We'll see how long it takes.

4. When do you take the tree down?
                      Sometime after New Year's but before, ahem, Easter. Yeah, definitely before Easter.

5. Do you like eggnog?
                      Sure, it's not bad. I prefer glögg when it comes to hot Christmassy drinks though.

6. Favorite gift received as a child?
                      Probably something computer or video game.

7. Hardest person to buy for?
                      The gf without the shadow of a doubt. She's the one I care the most about, so her gifts matter the most. Getting the perfect gifts is always difficult.

8. Easiest person to buy for?
                      My dad. I always get him a book.

9. Do you have a nativity scene?
                      No way, that's way too overtly religious for my taste.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
                      Neither if I can avoid it. I generally co-sign the gf's Christmas cards. She's crafty so she makes them herself, complete with beads and lace etc.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
                      Anything my mother's gotten me in recent years. I got some kind of package of trail mix a few years ago. Trail mix? I don't even like trail mix!

12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
                      Love Actually.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
                      Generally speaking, as late as I can get away with, but this year I was quite early out of the gates. I ordered the first things on the 11th of November.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
                      No.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
                      Swedish meatballs and tiny sausages. They're staples in any Swedish Christmas buffet. I miss that stuff.

16. Lights on the tree?
                      Yes.

17. Favorite Christmas song?
                      Iesus Ahatonnia (The Huron Carol). My favourite version is the one with Bruce Cockburn.

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
                      If it was my choice I'd travel to Sweden for Christmas but that would separate the gf from her family and I wouldn't want to be the cause of that.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers?
                      No, not in any of the languages I speak. Let's see: Donner, Blitzen. Prancer, Dancer, uh, Vixen? Fixer? Mixer? Neil? That' all I've got. Ooh, Rudolph of course!

20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
                      I'd prefer a star, but the gf has this angel that her mother refused to allow her to put on top of the tree when she was still living at home and she insists that it has to be on top of our tree.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
                      According to Swedish customs, they're supposed to be opened on Christmas Eve after the Christmas dinner is over but the Irish open them on Christmas morning, so Christmas morning it is.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?
                      All the people everywhere when I go Christmas shopping. Queues and slow-moving pedestrians.

23. Favorite ornament theme or color?
                      Red, green and silver.

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner ham or turkey?
                      Ham is the traditional Swedish main Christmas dish and thus what I'm accustomed to, but I definitely prefer turkey, which is what people have over here.

25. What do you want for Christmas this year?
                      Umm, peace on earth? ..or something slightly less cheesy. I'm not much for presents though. I prefer giving to receiving.

Comment

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Combination

2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial, DD and I are allergic.

3. When do you put up the tree? Usually the day after Thanksgiving

5. Do you like eggnog? no way

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Lifesize Barbie that walked

7. Hardest person to buy for? My Mother, she hates everything and everyone

8. Easiest person to buy for? My youngest DD

9. Do you have a nativity scene? If a Fisher Price Little People one counts, then yes.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail the year courtesy of Breast Cancer Foundation

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? A Boob Job I have yet to get

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? The Sound of music

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Usually mid October

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Divinity

17. Favorite Christmas song? Oh Holy Night

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Travel to Disney

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Used to be an angel, but now it's Tinkerbell

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas Morning!

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? The traffic

23. Favorite ornament theme or color? Hallmark Ornaments and Disney

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner ham or turkey? Ham

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? A spa quality towel warmer

Comment

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Depends what people give me (I reuse everything!)

2. Real tree or Artificial? This year, we'll decorate a house plant

3. When do you put up the tree? Mid December

4. When do you take the tree down? January 6 (the 12th day)

5. Do you like eggnog? The soy version!

6. Favorite gift received as a child? A bike, it was used but my Dad painted my name on.

7. Hardest person to buy for? MIL

8. Easiest person to buy for? Me!

9. Do you have a nativity scene? Nope

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail, we make our own

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Clothes pegs from MIL

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? The Snowman

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? As late as possible

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Mince pies (it's a British thing)

17. Favorite Christmas song? The cheesy 80's rock ones

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Ideally travel to my parents. Reality stay home

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers? No

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Morning

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Christmas music

23. Favorite ornament theme or color? Don't have one

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? A bread maker

Comment

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper...who doesn't enjoy cleaning that mess up?!

2. Real tree or Artificial? Really Artificial

3. When do you put up the tree? Probably Friday after T-day

4. When do you take the tree down? Depends...most likely before school starts back up.

5. Do you like eggnog? No, thank you!

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Dallas Cowboys football uniform, including pads and helmet.

7. Hardest person to buy for? MIL

8. Easiest person to buy for? Any one of my boys.

9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, thankfully it is non-living, so that makes set up and take down much easier.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail, including our cheese-bag family letter written by yours truly.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Beautiful turquoise sweater.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Christmas Vacation

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? At the after Christmas sales the year before.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I'd be lying if I said no...but I will deny it if you bring it up.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Most Christmas cookies.

16. Lights on the tree? yes, white ones

17. Favorite Christmas song? Bing Crosby- White Christmas.

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Both depending on the year.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers? Sure, there is Blender, BlueBell, Junior, Sugar, Dranger, Pixie, Prancer, GoForBroke, Randolph, Kermit, Villegas, PapaSmurf and CheetaGirl...I am assuming that you wanted to know the B-team since everyone knows the "Varsity" squad.

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Neither, something bought off ebay made by Waterford.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? One on Christmas Eve after church service, then the mayhem on Christmas morning.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Christmas decorations go up during Halloween trick or treating.

23. Favorite ornament theme or color? Favorite ornaments are the ones collected over the years from family with the years on them...lots of memories.

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner ham or turkey? Either would be fine.

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? I think that I would like, with just regards to Hootie and the Blowfish- a little love and some tenderness. If I can't get that, then I will wish for some winning lottery tickets.

Comment

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper.

2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial. DH thinks real ones are too much of a fire hazard. They sure do smell good though!

3. When do you put up the tree? ASAP after Thanksgiving. It's up now.

4. When do you take the tree down? After Epiphany.

5. Do you like eggnog? Yes.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Teddy Ruxpin doll!

7. Hardest person to buy for? It's a tie between both of my parents.

8. Easiest person to buy for? Any of my siblings. When all else fails, a gift card always works!

9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, it was a gift for DH's and my first married Christmas.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I don't remember any really bad ones.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? A Christmas Story! Hands down.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Shortly after Thanksgiving. I haven't started yet this year.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Eh, probably.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? My mom's glazed ham.

16. Lights on the tree? Yep. Multicolored mini lights.

17. Favorite Christmas song? I dunno. I'll say "Mary Did You Know?" (Not sure if that is the real title or not.)

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Travel when we can. We're stuck at home this year because of DH's work.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers? Yep!

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Angel.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Crowds at all the stores.

23. Favorite ornament theme or color? I like religious ones, like angels and Nativity scenes.

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner ham or turkey? Ham.

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Stuff off my baby registry, Wii games/accessories, and some movies and books. (I'd better stay away from clothes this year being that I'm 24 weeks pregnant! LOL)

Comment

Working...
                              X