Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Finally!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally!

We've been inhaling them for the past few weeks...the kids really looooove them! Do they call them Cuties there?
    I am so ticked we didn't think to plant a clementine tree...oh well maybe we will this winter/spring!?
    This year we are going to have @ leat 3 dozen grapefruit; we will also have several lemons!

Re: Finally!

The clementines at the store are $6.99 for 3 pounds. At the farmer's market there are yummy sweet easy to peel tangerines at $3 for 3 pounds! But DH wouldn't let me buy them because he can snag delicious citrus dangling over the roadways for free.
    Alison

Comment

Originally posted by spotty_dog
      The clementines at the store are $6.99 for 3 pounds.
      That is awesome! Cost is my only complaint about clementines. Mmmm.
      Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
      Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
      Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

OK, your post made me go out to the grocery store and buy some

Yummy.....

Comment

I've been scarfing the "cuties" for a week now BUT my fav are the satsumas (sp?)....those bad boys usually don't appear until mid Dec. We got a little tree 2 years ago and had 6 last year but none this one.
          Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

Originally posted by medpedspouse
            I've been scarfing the "cuties" for a week now BUT my fav are the satsumas (sp?)....those bad boys usually don't appear until mid Dec. We got a little tree 2 years ago and had 6 last year but none this one.
            Satsumas are my favorites. My parents used to pack them for me in my lunch when I was little, and my friends would always beg me for wedges!
            married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

What's a clementine? And I thought satsuma was just a scent line at The Body Shop.
              Veronica
              Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Originally posted by v-girl
                What's a clementine? And I thought satsuma was just a scent line at The Body Shop.
                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clementine

Comment

Sounds yummy! I'll have to look for them at the fancier grocery store. I don't think our little grocery store near the house would have them.
                  Veronica

Comment

Originally posted by Auspicious
                    Originally posted by spotty_dog
                    The clementines at the store are $6.99 for 3 pounds.
                    That is awesome! Cost is my only complaint about clementines. Mmmm.
                    Okay, so I take this all back! I used to only find clementines in these little wooden crates for $11/crate, but now they have them in 3 lb bags on sale for $5/bag. Needless to say, I bought them and have already eaten three. Mmmmm.
                    Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
                    Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
                    Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

Satsumas are my favorite too. I'll eat the Clementines while I'm waiting.

Comment

I just found a wooden crate for 4.99!!! I hope to save a few for my lunches this week - we will see. It's really the only kind of citrus that I like.

Comment

I saw some! At the cool grocery store (Market Street). I'll have to grab some this weekend -- we were on our way out when I saw them.
                          Veronica

Comment

Working...
                          X