Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Another dumb question from GMW re: Secret Santa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another dumb question from GMW re: Secret Santa

OK, I know y'all probably think I am an idiot, but I just want to make sure I have this right: I have the person to whom I am to send a gift. Do I anonymously drop hints to her/him re: my identity via posting as an unnamed "Guest"? The person who got me has been posting me little clues!

Re: Another dumb question from GMW re: Secret Santa

Yes. You post anonymous clues to your assigned person. They may or may not figure out who you are but the point is to make it fun and challenging.

You in turn try to figure out who has your name.

Didn't you do this in any office you've ever worked in? It's a rite of passage in the Social Services world.

Jenn

Comment

Originally posted by DCJenn
      . . . Didn't you do this in any office you've ever worked in? It's a rite of passage in the Social Services world.

Jenn
      No, I've never done this before--but I'm willing to learn!

Lawyers (at least those at large law firms) don't tend to do anything "team spirit"-y. They hate group activities, company retreats, etc. If it's not billable time or rainmaking, they're not interested. They'd probably pay NOT to participate in it. The only way they can even get their own partners to go to the "mandatory" partner retreats is to keep a constant, free-flowing bar.

They (at least the smart ones) tend to get their secretaries VERY nice gifts, though--often cash, generous gift certificates, high-end purses, etc. So they do have a little hohoho in them!

Comment

I have been posting hints to my person, and mailed off their gift today. However, no one has posted hints for me, so perhaps I don't have a SS! :huh:
        Married to a peds surgeon attending

Comment

Originally posted by GrayMatterWife
          Lawyers (at least those at large law firms) don't tend to do anything "team spirit"-y.
          LOL same with I.T. We business analysts will usually schedule a potluck or something, but if it were up to the programmers, we'd have to remind some of them not to show up on Christmas day. (Only a slight exaggeration!) I've never done a Secret Santa with hints before either. I did one in college where we just sent a gift, but I don't think we ever learned who our person was.
          Laurie
          My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Originally posted by shrinkjamie
            I have been posting hints to my person, and mailed off their gift today. However, no one has posted hints for me, so perhaps I don't have a SS! :huh:

Uh oh! I'm sure an Admin will see this and figure something out

Comment

Kris has the Master list- so she can make sure that the person knows what's up.

j.

Comment

Working...
              X