Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Just curious...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Just curious...

I was born in Jan of '70...so a lot of the list for '60s kids works for me too

Comment

I'm a 60s & 70s kid. That should explain my lack of style!!!!!!!
      Luanne
      wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Originally posted by alison
        Wasn't there a Blue Green too?
        Blue Green, Green Blue, Yellow Green, Green Yellow, Orange Red, Red Orange, not sure about Red Violet/Violet Red

Each one was slightly different - i remember spending a lot of time trying to figure out the difference between the pairs!
        Jen
        Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Originally posted by GreyhoundsRUs
          Originally posted by alison
          Wasn't there a Blue Green too?
          Blue Green, Green Blue, Yellow Green, Green Yellow, Orange Red, Red Orange, not sure about Red Violet/Violet Red

Each one was slightly different - i remember spending a lot of time trying to figure out the difference between the pairs!
          I pulled out my box of 64 from about four years ago and there was a Blue Green, Yellow Green, Green Yellow, Orange Red, Red Orange, Yellow Orange, Violet Red, Red Violet, Blue Violet. No Green Blue, sorry ladymoreta!

However, they have renamed some crayons (there was at least one color-naming contest in the 90's). I love green and I do not think that any crayon should be named Asparagus. And Tickle Me Pink, while cute, doesn't sound like a color kids should be asking each other for.

Originally posted by GreyhoundsRUs
          I am reminded of how "old" I am every day - my seniors from last year were born mostly in 1990...so my current students (mostly freshmen) were born in...1994! They didn't know about light brown M&M's...sigh
          And I am a child of the 1980s. Your seniors are now my college freshmen, so it is really strange that they don't remember anything I mention from ladymoreta's list.
          Event coordinator, wife and therapist to a peds attending

Comment

I blame you guys for the dream I had last night about sorting crayons.
            married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

No, no, I'm not crazy! I actually had to look it up to make sure, though. They have a chronology on the Crayola website: http://www.crayola.com/colorcensus/h...chronology.cfm. It's in the Colors Available 1990-1992 section.

In 1990, eight colors were retired and replaced by eight new shades.

Retired Colors
              Green Blue
              Orange Red
              Orange Yellow
              Violet Blue
              Maize
              Lemon Yellow
              Blue Gray
              Raw Umber

Replacement Colors
              Cerulean
              Vivid Tangerine
              Jungle Green
              Fuchsia
              Dandelion
              Teal Blue
              Royal Purple
              Wild Strawberry
              Laurie
              My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Well - it sounds like I could be the "mom" to most of you! My personal children didn't quite believe that we used to have to wait in line at the bank to get cash.

I love the list the Beloit publishes every year for their professors and the public to remind them of what happened before the incoming freshmen were born.

http://www.insidehighered.com/news/2008/08/19/mindset

Comment

Well thank goodness I am not the only one in the 1950--1959 group.
                  Luanne
                  wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

It looks like it's just you and me Luanne!

Comment

I'm late to this...but I'm an early 80s kid! I'm 25!

Comment

Working...
                      X