Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Don't Drop Your Laptop!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't Drop Your Laptop!

Over Thanksgiving, one of the myriad of people using my laptop apparently dropped it (no one let us know, but we know by the damage done that it had to have been dropped). Did I have all of my pictures backed up? Of course not. We sent it out to a lab to recover anything they could, and the hard drive is completely physically damaged. I have some pics posted on our website, so I can recover those, just not to the same quality, and many of DD's pictures were already backed up. The past year that has been a blur with two kids, though? Not a picture backed up at all. Hopefully between the grandparents and professional pics, we can piece something together. This just makes me totally sick. So, my advice for the day - take the time and back up your pictures!!!
    -Deb
    Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Re: Don't Drop Your Laptop!

I'm sorry! Thanks for the reminder. I've been meaning to do this...

Comment

This is going on the list of things that I will be doing while on maternity leave... The very long list.

I'm so sorry you lost all of your pictures. It must be heartwrenching.
      Kris

Comment

Oh no, I'm so sorry!! I hope they're able to recover the pictures.

Originally posted by Cassy
        FYI for anyone else, Google Mozy. You can back up 2GB of your files for free online w/out needing to buy anything. It's a good thing to do if an external HD is on your list and you haven't gotten it yet.
        I've been meaning to check out Mozy, thanks for the reminder.
        ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
        -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Oh, that's awful! I'm sorry!

Something similar happened to my laptop last year. You can bet your buttons that I bought an external hard drive the same day I got my new laptop!

Comment

Thanks for posting this. My external hard drive (all of 1.5 years old) started making this really odd clicking sound. It was bad enough for DH to think it was about to die. Fry's in our area sells external hard drives for so cheap. I had a new one within a couple days.

I'm so sorry you lost those pics!
            Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
            "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

Oh....MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel your pain! I got an external hard drive a year ago and started saving pics on it and was so happy that I did because the kids downloaded a virus onto my laptop and everything was destroyed. It is such a terrible feeling to lose pictures!

I hope you can get enough from family and friends to make up for what is lost!

I'm so paranoid about pictures that I also have multiple photobucket accounts to store pics on too just in case any of my other devices fail!

Kris
              ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
              ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Working...
              X