Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Present help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Present help needed

DH's hospital has a Starbucks kiosk in the lobby that he and the rest of his group visit at least daily and often more than that. He says that it's operated by the same woman every day and she knows all her regulars and always remembers what he likes. One of his co-workers that we're friends with, gave the coffee woman a $50 Target giftcard and now DH feels bad and wants to do something too. Any ideas? I'm still not very intuned with the locals and not sure what kind of gesture would be most appreciated.

I've thought of a giftcard to some other store but can't decide on which. We have a number of supermarket chains and I have no idea next to which she lives. I don't know if she's married or has kids, I've only very briefly met her once when I had coffee with DH last summer. I think she's in her 40s-50s. What about a restaurant chain, would that work? Or a department store is better? DH doesn't want to do Target or anything below it (i.e. Walmart).

Should I even worry about this? The only reason he brought this up is because he feels bad that his friend gave something and he didn't.

Re: Present help needed

Can they take tips? I ask because some Starbucks (sometimes affiliated with stores or hospitals) don't allow tips. Nothing like some cash!

Comment

and I say tell your dh not to poo poo the idea of Target. most of us would salivate at a $50 Target gift card, and a woman working a kiosk in a hospital would most surely love it as well.

Comment

I know for a fact that hospital employees can't take cash tips but I don't know if that extends to giftcards. So should I just go ahead and get a Target card? I was also thinking of a card to our local mall (we only one big one).

Comment

Honestly, I think she'll be pretty psyched w/ a card and a candy cane. At least I would be.

Don't overthink it- a target card in any amount would be great- and if she has kids that would work out well, too. (90% of the dudes clothes are Target!)

Jenn

Comment

If not Target, how about an American Express gift card. It can be used anywhere.
            Luanne
            wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

I would go with the universal AMEX gift card...that's as close to cash as you can get! Either that or Amazon.com gift certificate.
              Danielle
              Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Comment

Thanks for everyone responses. I think I might go with Target, unless Amex is still running a promo for no fee gift cards. A supermarket that's not nearby can be a half hour drive and seems more of a chore than a gift. And the older generation down here might not be very Amazon savy.

Comment

Working...
                X