Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

ahhhh! Just great!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ahhhh! Just great!

So I got us hooked up w/Dish Network, so the ILs & SIL can finally watch Arabic TV.

I soooo stressed to the salesperson that I needed my package to include Noggin or PBS Sprouts. I even shared w/the guy, how having access to commercial free, age appropriate, little kids programming was a God send, during the middle of the night when I have sick &/or fussy kids!
    here comes the (Murphy's Law) part
    Well wouldn't you know it, DD2 woke up puking and subsequently freaking out because, in addition to spewing, her blankie was now filthy. I got her cleaned up, changed her PJs, put dirty bedding in the wash and then made her a bed on the sofa in our master bedroom. I went to put Noggin on & set the TV for 30 minutes so she would stop fussing and drift off to sleep! Well truns out, the Noggin channel, that Dish Network carries is split w/some teen programming network...uggh! I gave up the best TV channel for sanity's sake (24 hour Noggin) as well as a bevy of free On Demand programming just to give my ILs & SIL some channels they can enjoy! I also don't get "My Local on the 8s" PHX weather...just the hotel/national version

I need to figure out the DVR and start banking some programming that I can save for the late night sickies!

Re: ahhhh! Just great!

Sorry to hear that and hope the little one is feeling better soon . Time Warner here also splits Noggin with The N ( a teen network....definitely not appropriate for the little ones).
    Danielle
    Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Comment

I love having Dish, but hate hate hate set up and disconnection. Can't live without it, can't live with the crap customer service.
      Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
      "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

That stinks! Can you at least change it back when they all leave (when they eventually leave), or are you stuck with a contract now?
        Hope she is feeling better soon.

Comment

Oh, that stinks about her being sick and about the TV. How frustrating. On Demand has great for sick kids (or snow days!).

Comment

DVR is awesome and I think would work great for what you're looking for. We would definitely have a hard time giving it up at this point.
            Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
            Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
            Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

My girlfriend, here in the valley, said once I get used to using the DVR, I'll have customized programming at my finger tips.

Kirsty...I have 30 days risk free to decide if I want to keep it...the ILs are here for another 2 months!

Tonight at soccer practice, one of the dads said that Direct TV has the 24 hour noggin & international channels (figures I picked the wrong one)...I need to go re-read the whole TV service provider thread. I never paid attention to the whole Dish Network vs. Direct TV debate .

Comment

I would definitely take a look at DirecTV; We've had them for years (have an old series one TiVo hooked up to it), and love it. Never had a problem with customer service, even.

It looks like you could get the "family package" for $29.99/month (https://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/wizard/b ... ystem1.jsp - click on "package features" and "channels" for details), includes all the kids channels, as far as I can tell. Then you can add Arabic (5 channels - I'm assuming you can do this month by month, so just for the two months they're still there), for $25.99/month more. Here's the Arabic channel lineup: http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global/co ... d=P4710004
                Sandy
                Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

the ILs are here for another 2 months!

That is F&#$ing INSANE.
                  Luanne
                  wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

We love our dish network, their customer service has been great and I didn't notice about the Noggin channel I guess the only time I've turned it on it was Noggin programming. The DVR is a function I wish we had gotten.
                    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Originally posted by pinkpickles
                      ...the ILs are here for another 2 months!
                      This isn't a visit, the ILs are living half the year with you.

Hope your DD is feeling better and the programming is cleared up soon!

Comment

Originally posted by Ladybug
                        Oh no. Definitely set your DVR program up. I hope everyone is feeling better soon. I can't believe how long this visit is going on. Holy moly!

I think you could use an "experienced" nanny/mommy right about now...I'm up for a big temporary move across the homeland...you'd lose me come March

Comment

Working...
                        X